Social Touching

Toad

apparently i cringe when i hug people...or so ive been told by one of the few people who have hugged me...but yeah, I really hate it when people touch me, even if they are just patting me...makes me nervous and as you said Scottish_Player, I also tense up.

SilverLiner

mrkyle said:
I always used to worry about hugging people. It's the whole under arm or over arm thing that worried me, lol. Some people have a tendancy to hug under your arms, some people do it over arm and some do like a mix of both (usually a lads sort of hug).
sorry silverliner, cant figure out how to quote you properly...
with this, its pretty simply. if a guy hugs a girl, he goes over, and she goes under. it works that way because on almost all occasions, the guys will be the taller of the two. guys hugging other guys is a mix because you should be around the same height, usually. i think universally (i havent thought about it up until now, but thinking about it i always do this) its right arm over, which works out if everyone does it.
dunno if this is any use at all.

lol it certainly is of use. Even with my girlfriend I hug her under arm...which is strange as she's a lot shorter than me *shrugs*