Socially awkward moments

lawyerguy

Hello all,

ANyone here have socially awkward moments with people? I'm the king of social awkardness. Here's A typical conversation with me and a person I don't know

(Person I don't Know) PIDK: Hello sir
Me: HI
PIDK: Sooo....
Me: So.....
PIDK: umm
ME: umm I have to go bye.

Chilling__Echo

all the time. when i'm places and i have to talk to people, like if a stranger comes up to me and asks me something, or the cashier makes a comment, my words go all jumbled. here's a convo i had in TJ Maxx last week:

this lady asked me what i thought of these shoes she was trying on and i said they looked fine and what would she wear them with?

PIDK: that's the part i don't know
ME: you could do a flowy skirt or something - but they look fine
PIDK: ok, that's a good idea
ME: thanks, but i'd say something if they looked funky or anything

and she walked off. for the next hour i'm thinking to myself, "why did i decribe them as funky? what if she thought i was making fun of her, or being sarcastic? she must think i'm retarded..."

Waybuloo

lawyerguy said:
Hello all,

ANyone here have socially awkward moments with people? I'm the king of social awkardness. Here's A typical conversation with me and a person I don't know

(Person I don't Know) PIDK: Hello sir
Me: HI
PIDK: Sooo....
Me: So.....
PIDK: umm
ME: umm I have to go bye.

I hate it when they say sooo...., like they expect you to come up with some hilarious story to entertain them.

Septor

Well that just rude.I have had people say so to.Best just leave.They are not worth the trouble.

Waybuloo

Septor said:
Well that just rude.I have had people say so to.Best just leave.They are not worth the trouble.

i may be wrong but r u talkin about me? didn't mean to offend u.

Septor

Chihiro said:
Septor said:

i may be wrong but r u talkin about me? didn't mean to offend u.

No Chihiro why did you think that I was referring to you?I was referring to people that say so like lawyerguy was saying in the first post.Sorry

blight

I feel like the only cause of social awarkness is nervousness. I have the problem too, but what else is there besides the nervousness or anxiety that causes it?

I mean if there was that same conversation with two guys just saying "sooooo" to each other, and no one was nervous, then it would just be kind of silly to keep saying that...

I feel like if you are not nervous you can say anthing and it will not be awkward. Is that obvious? I'm not sure, just putting in my 2 cents.