Speech in front of class

this a quicky. I havent tried it my self yet, but someone once told me, that one time, their feet really hurt, so while they were standing in front of a class, presenting, they didnt concentrate on the class looking at them, instead she concentrated on her feet hurting. She claim it helped her with her nervousness. Just something to try.

gmetal_06

cool

yeh i never used to blush if i was feeling sleepy lol sounds weird but i suppose it was the feeling of being more relaxed but this isnt a good thing to do if you have work to do in class !

IceLad

I remember walking myself to the point of exhaustion once, and feeling completely free of SP whilst I recovered from that.

I guess it really helps if you have something else to distract your mind, or in my case, if you're really, really tired.

Linds

Yea i've noticed that too. I'd spend all my time thinking about how much i'd like to sleep and trying not to fall asleep i forgot about everthing else.

It works with extreme happiness too. At my prom we had to walk around a room full of people who were all staring and taking pics. I have a big problem with blushing and flushing so i thought all the pics would suck because of it. But when the time came i was so happy to be going to my prom that i didnt blush or flush at all. And my pics turned out great. :D

The distraction thing really works but u have to find something u can focus on completely.

mle

i have hyperhidrosis bluching so it is less mental but to do with a sympathetic nervous system
i can be completely un-nervous and go bright red
however i have found that the more speeches i give the easier it gets
after the sum hols when i havent given speeches etc it is always much worse wen i go back to school
by the end of the year it is a bit better

prince1

I once had a severe headache in class and was asked a question (which i would usuarlly blush) and i didnt go red at all :p