Spring and Summer really mess with my mood

Lamb

I'd rather be dead prior to Summer rolling around. The reason being, I can't tolerate it very well. Get overheated easily, irritable, cranky. And I haven't figured out how to deal.

I cut my hair last summer as a result of always being hot. It did help but now it reaches my neck and I don't want to chop it again. I walk in the shade and try to stay hydrated. Really, I'm like a vampire in the day time that sulks, hisses and cries. I turn into a grey blob that is no fun to be around.

People have told me to "expose" myself more to being outside and in the heat or to think of cold places, but it hasn't done much. Every summer I spend the majority of my time inside which doesn't feel very good since that's what I've been doing this past winter as well.

I don't want to keep living in the house, lol.

It's also the time where you shed clothing, show more skin, and I'm left feeling very unattractive.

Does anyone else deal with this?
I don't know what else to try. Each year that passes, the heat is harder to tolerate. What's funny is that the place I'd like to travel to is Australia. Hah! :idontknow:

Last edited:

coyote

i don't like the heat much either, but i love being outside

that why i moved here, where the temperature rarely gets above 80 F (27 C) and there are plenty of trees for shade

the worst part is swimming at the beach and the anxiety that comes with exposing my pale skin to onlookers

fortunately, most everyone else who lives here is just as pale as i am

IntheLabyrinth

Yeah, I feel your pain. I hate the Summer and Spring as well. I get too hot and I sweat from my under arms so I hate wearing clothes that show it. I love the end of fall and winter. I wish I could move to South America for half the year and then back to San Diego the other half.

IntheLabyrinth

i don't like the heat much either, but i love being outside that why i moved here, where the temperature rarely gets above 80 F (27 C) and there are plenty of trees for shade the worst part is swimming at the beach and the anxiety that comes with exposing my pale skin to onlookers fortunately, most everyone else who lives here is just as pale as i am

That sounds great. I wish I had your climate.

Lamb

i don't like the heat much either, but i love being outside

that why i moved here, where the temperature rarely gets above 80 F (27 C) and there are plenty of trees for shade

the worst part is swimming at the beach and the anxiety that comes with exposing my pale skin to onlookers

fortunately, most everyone else who lives here is just as pale as i am

Pale skin is very attractive in my opinion. Wow, just 80 F? Can I come over? I'll live in the backyard or something.

WishingICould

I hate the Summer with a passion. There's people everywhere and i'm expected to wear revealing clothes. I can't stand the heat either. I just hate it.

ImNotMyIllness

I'd rather be dead prior to Summer rolling around. The reason being, I can't tolerate it very well. Get overheated easily, irritable, cranky. And I haven't figured out how to deal.

I cut my hair last summer as a result of always being hot. It did help but now it reaches my neck and I don't want to chop it again. I walk in the shade and try to stay hydrated. Really, I'm like a vampire in the day time that sulks, hisses and cries. I turn into a grey blob that is no fun to be around.

People have told me to "expose" myself more to being outside and in the heat or to think of cold places, but it hasn't done much. Every summer I spend the majority of my time inside which doesn't feel very good since that's what I've been doing this past winter as well.

I don't want to keep living in the house, lol.

It's also the time where you shed clothing, show more skin, and I'm left feeling very unattractive.

Does anyone else deal with this?
I don't know what else to try. Each year that passes, the heat is harder to tolerate. What's funny is that the place I'd like to travel to is Australia. Hah! :idontknow:

Australia would be kryptonite to you! I was going to suggest the beach but I remember you once saying that your hair frizzes.
I don't like hot weather but I love the ocean and hanging out at the beach. That's what I'll be doing this summer. I can't wait!

Xervello

I suppose a swimming pool is out of the question? If you have a fenced-in backyard and wouldn't feel silly about using it, how about a kiddy pool? Lounge in it during the day, reading a book, with a drink nearby, shades on, music playing. Sounds awesome to me. :)

Lamb

I suppose a swimming pool is out of the question? If you have a fenced-in backyard and wouldn't feel silly about using it, how about a kiddy pool? Lounge in it during the day, reading a book, with a drink nearby, shades on, music playing. Sounds awesome to me. :)

Yes, out of the question. There's a fear. I will attempt the beach.

Imnotmyillness, I don't care that much that my hair frizzes lol. More so the groups of people. How long do you spend there?

ImNotMyIllness

Imnotmyillness, I don't care that much that my hair frizzes lol. More so the groups of people. How long do you spend there?

It depends. Anywhere from a couple hours to six hours. I like to find a spot where I have plenty of room. I'll bodysurf for a while and then lay out. After that, I like to go for a walk.

I also love to rollerblade. Haven't done that in a while.

Kiwong

In the Australia summer people are encouraged to cover up, wear a hat and apply sun screen, due to the risk of getting skin cancers from over exposure to the sun.

I've been on some of the most remotest beaches in Australia, and there hasn't been a soul in miles. One some of the busiest beaches there are thousands of people, and you'd be unlucky to be noticed.

Summer is probably my least favourite season, due to the humidity more than the heat.

squidgee

Summer is awful as the heat here is just draining, at least for me. I also hate spring because of hayfever.

Wish there were more cold and rainy days.