Success for now.

Mishaped_Biscuit

I've suffered cranial HH since my teens, but only recently used the internet to put a name to it and to see if there was anything I could do about it(some 20 years later). Much to my suprise I found places like this where I discovered I was not the only one!
My story is much like everyone elses, I do sweat excessively when physically exerting myself but also when I step out of my comfort zone. I love the social life and have many friends, but I'd always find that big nights out (especially meals) would lead to great anxiety, which made the matter worse. And so the vicious circle started. We all know how it goes>anxiety>perspire>anxiety about perspiring>sweat>people commenting>more sweat>nothing left of me apart from clothes and a big puddle of water.
I would sometimes get to venues earlier than the agreed rendevous time just so i could get a couple of drinks inside me to 'calm' things down.
Anyway, through all this I managed to meet a wonderful woman who was very patient with me, (despite my constant disappearances on dates etc, and meals ruined because of anxiety etc) and have a beautiful young family.
Anyway, thanks to this site I purchased some Obadan last month and some of this stuff.
I've been applying the Obadan for two weeks and it was definitely successful, though I hadn't been in an 'anxiety'situation. I had done lots of physical work which would normally leave me sweating but my face was bone dry (funnily, it still felt that I was sweating on my face- I had to keep asking Mrs.Biscuit if she was sure there was no evidence of sweat; there was a glistening on my cheeks where no spray had been applied.)
Last weekend however came the first real test. I had the works Xmas 'do' on Saturday. I was to meet all my colleagues ( about 15) in a pub after they had already been out for a few hours (I had other commitments earlier).Normally this kind of situation would fill me with fear, and would lead me to making an excuse not to be able to come, or certainly had a few drinks on my own in a bar round the corner before hand.
On Friday night I applied a 'top up' of Obadan and on Saturday evening applied some 'Face Saver'.
I travelled the city centre walked across town in the cold British winter and entered the pub. Everyone was there, (all loosened up from a couple of hours drinking) and all asking me lots of questions before I had time to get a drink. The only seat available was right next to an open fire and I still had a big coat and a jumper on.
Did I sweat?- not once!Huzzah
I can guarantee that previously that situation would leave me literally dripping.Though I noticed my armpits(usually a place to stay dry(wierdly) were quite damp, which is a relief in a way.
I'm not counting my chickens yet as it's early days and the real test will obviously be over a sustained period and in the summertime.
It may just've been a psychological thing- the Obadan/Neat just giving me that extra confidence to prevent the cycle.
Whatever it was it did work-for now.
I'll keep you informed over the next year.
PS-I also have some driclor but have not used it yet.[/url]

Mishaped_Biscuit

Yes, I don't find it as much as a problem as everyone suggests. I feel a slight itchyness, but not enough to prevent me from sleeping, and certainly not a burning sensation. In fact, I just close my eyes and spray it directly on!

Mishaped_Biscuit

Okay, I thought I'd give you an update 6/7 months on.

Well it's still working! I've just ordered another 3 tubes of the Neat Face Saver!

I've only just got through the first tube, but it seems to be working. However, if I know I've got a big night out, meal with lots of friends etc which would normally be a nightmare I'll apply obadan to my face for a few nights before, then apply the Neat Face on the day. I found it can leave your face with a white powder like layer (like when you get out of the sea and it dries leaving the salt mark) but I now put some mosturiser on after I have applied the gel and let it dry. This does the trick.
Normally, if it's just a few drinks down the pub with mates and I feel a bit anxious I may apply the Neat Face which also works.
I've not been confident enough yet to see if the Neat Face would work on it's own when I have a 'big' night out.

As an example to it's success I went out about a month ago. It was a friends birthday and they was about 30 of us going out for a curry. A lot of these friends hadn't seen me for a while so it was lots of chat and catch up centered around me. It was an hot day, most were wearing short sleeves and we went for a curry. This would've been, in the past, a night I would've tried to avoid or made an excuse at the last minute not to go.

I was confident in my shirt/tie and jumper. I ordered something I'd enjoy (spicy hot) and was fully engaging in conversation, even when people were asking me awkward questions/ taking the p*ss.

Now, whether this is all swings and roundabouts - you all know - anxiety leading to sweat leading to anxiety vicious circle - but in this case I was confident so no sweat leading to more confidence, I don't know.

So, so far absolutlely no sweats for the last 6 months. Except in situations where it was ok - no application and doing hard work etc.

Oh, another day I had to go to a funeral, dressed all in black, again a black knit jumper. Hot day, extremely hot day. Everyone else in shirts, sweating their n*ts off. Not me, no siree. I had to keep my jumper on though as my back and chest had started sweating to compensate. My face however was as dry as a bone.

I'll give you another update at the end of Summer. If we get one this year.

Theo55

I dont have facial HH , but my hand sweat pretty badly. I am currently using a product call Perspirex and it is working pretty well. But as you said it prob psycological, a vicious cycle .

Anxiety (Thinking about HH)>>>>>> sWEAT

I heard alot of good things about Odaban and just purchased 2 tubes from a local pharmacy for £11 which is very resonable price and would prob last 9 months. Many on here say it is better than Perspirex , so I am giving that a go as well after I am done with Perspirex. I also notice that the company of the product is from my hometown as well , what a co-incident.