Suicide question

Ken

Right now, I say its like a fifty percent chance that I'll die by suicide.

aj

I think about it a lot but never seriously, just because everything feels better if there's a way out. It doesn't mean that you are going to or want to use it. I don't know what I'd do if my family wasn't around though.

What scares me more is that I know I'm too scared to actually do anything like that, which means that the escape route isn't there any more. It's nice to have the thought of that escape route there, to keep you from going crazy, you know?

Having said that, I always wonder if I'm ever going to reach my next birthday.

I won't. One thing I will never to is purposely end my own life. I won't do anything to really slow it either, I'm just gonna let it happen as it does. I don't want to mess with stuff like this. Even when I feel I have no hope whatsoever, I still feel something for the tiniest thing that's there.

VioletTears

If I had to answer yes or no I would say no... I think my son will keep me from following through on my thoughts. But I do WANT to do it daily and I have come close a few times so if something else major would happen it might destroy my judgement and it could happen.

Helyna

No way! I could never hurt myself. The world will present enough danger to me without me adding to it.

oxygene

no, not that Im not brave enough for that, but because suicide is a failure even worse than my life which already suc*s. the other reason is my family.

chris87

I would never do it, no matter how bad things get. I remember a couple of years ago I was really depressed. My Mom had actually said to me "not to do anything stupid," because it's a cowardly way out of a problem. I know that me doing something so drastic would cause tremendous grief my family, and I could never forgive myself for that. There's a solution to every predicament, regardless of the severity. You only have one life...make the most of it!

lunarskye

It's always in the back of me head. Not a day goes by where I don't thnk of suicide. I'm just to scared to go through with it. Such a curse; to scared to live to scared to die.

theblank

All I can say is that I HOPE I never kill myself. I've thought about it probably every day since I was about 13 or 14 years old. I have my moments where I get so down that I think that's it, I can't take living on this planet any more, but my faith in God keeps me going.

I hope no one on this board kills themself either. As hard as life can be sometimes with SA there is always SOMETHING worth living for. I was just reflecting earlier today that I'm glad I never killed myself because I've had some really great experiences that I never could have seen coming when I was in my darkest moments.

Stay alive. Keep fighting. It's worth it.

ripewithdecay

I do think about it everyday.
And sometimes the loneliness and depression gets so bad that I really start to contemplate it. If I had a gun in the apartment...

The funny thing is, I don't think I fear death anymore.
The other day I was walking across the street and this car was moving very fast towards me, it didn't look like he or she was going to stop at all.
I stopped in the middle of the road, right in the car's path.
It got pretty close and the driver was probably angry that I didn't keep moving.
But I didn't feel afraid - at all. And that sort of disturbed me when I thought about it later on. I wonder if on a subconscious level I was willing that car to smash into me.

Tryin

suicide? possible. sometimes I go nuts and then I can do very irresponsible and stupid things. self-destructiveness in some form? we all do that. you know. the other... ways... of suicide. the ones when you don't necessarily destroy the body but you still do kill something - a potential, a relationship, an ambition, a part of yourself...

hbanana11

I think about it all the time but i dont think id ever have the guts to do it. Plus, i dont think i ever could...it would hurt my parents and my sister so bad. I could never put that pain on them...so ill live in my misery forever because i love my family to much to hurt them :(

billy

Only reason i havent done it yet is i know my mother would break down. I dont wanna hurt anyone elses life because im unhappy with my own

rain_

There was a time I thought I would go through with it... but I've changed a bit since then, and have a bit of a new perspective. On bad days the thought still crosses my mind but I don't believe I could do it. Besides, I've come too far fighting this thing to give up now.