Suitable Jobs for HH sufferers

JustG

I was just wondering whether people have found jobs they can do where their HH might not be less of an issue.

Lately I having been doing office work but my plantar HH has made this virtually impossible. When in work my whole body sometimes get wet and my feet can get extremely warm as soon as I put my socks and shoes on before leaving for work ( I have went through 4 pairs of new shoes in last two months ).

The anxiety and paranoia this causes is huge at times. My feet when sweating do not smell but my shoes and socks eventually do and the embarrassment of this when it occurs is too much to handle.

Do people have jobs where they work on a solitary basis and do not have much interaction with others.
Do you do work where you have little movement, so as to decrease the chances of greater sweating.
Does anyone do physical work ( I would like to return to this type of work ). How does this affect your condition

I am interested in peoples experiences and coping methods for work. I feel I will have to seek out a change in career as I cannot see myself lasting much longer in my current employment.

ukchick

Air con environment is my only option I feel,I just work in retail and being honest,I would leave if they didn't have air con.Makes life at work just about manageable xx

brunettee

i work.in a office and have a fan u clip to ur desk.i try to stay calm and not get stressed...i also use pro bantherline which help thats prescribed by my doc..workin life can be tough with this condition i only suffer with under arm sweat tho and its took quite a few years to manage my stress level and anxiosness while workin but i can just about manage now till the end of day. some days are better then others for me :)!

sayagain

I've always done jobs that require me to be on the move - which is obviously a disaster. I'm not talking physical work, just work that has me on my feet walking a fair bit.

I've worked the majority of my time in airports, so I try and sneek outside for a bit of fresh air whenever I can - this helps a little bit, along with air conditioning.

Certainly wouldn't recommend it for a HH sufferer, I've been on the verge of quitting until I found propantheline!

I can be in an air conditioned office freezing cold and something goes wrong or I get a bit stressed and the sweat will still pour out anyway so I'm not sure there is a suitable job! :(

driping jon

i am now doing several cleaning jobs,i work on my own so it dont matter how much i sweat as long as i time things right before anyone else arrives ,and i do look a wet mess so i got to get the timeing right

JustG

Thanks for everybody's replies.

It really is a nightmare and as I try to keep my condition a virtual secret its sometimes hard to pass off my behaviour ( sudden sickness, need to leave work etc ) when HH is really bad. And as everyone probably knows, other people would probably think its not a big deal if you told them.

It so annoying that it ends up ruling your life and depriving you of doing stuff.

Think I'll just live in a cabin in the woods and be a hermit!

medlam

I do sports coaching, it ticks the boxes in terms of helping with HH I have pretty bad full body, it's outdoors, I can wear shorts and t-shirt and I mostly work with children who don't care about sweating and reduce my anxiety. Though in recent months I felt depressed that HH dictates my life and career, I've been doing this for 7/8 years and would like to persue a difftent line of work but can't even contemplate working in say an office environment or with others in a closed space, it really makes me sad !

CharlesN

I've worked in an office environment for 25 years now. Honestly not sure what to say. I hated the interviewing and the first day(s) of meeting new people and being introduced and having to shake hands. Outside of that - maybe my keyboards needed to be replaced slightly more often than others. Maybe it's just because I don't care enough about it to let it stress me?

I'd say whatever it is you want to do - try it. If it doesn't work out - at least you won't regret having tried and not knowing. But I think it would work out...

Good luck.