sum it all up

Chilling_Echo

recently i've been seeing alot of really awesome "sum ups" and i think there was a topic on that but i want all of them. SA in a sentence i guess, cuz i think we've all contemplated this enough and gotten angry, scared, frustrated, etc. how would you sum it up to someone who doesn't understand?

Crimefish

Social phobics' brains can't tell the difference between a conversation with someone and a fight with a wild animal.

(I suck at summaries.)

LA323

i would have to say........that we feel anxious about being anxious. i would sum it up like that

tommydog

yerp good one crimefish :lol:

the problem with alot of people with sp (im like this sometimes too admittedly) is we actually take ourselves seriously, and believe the reasoning our anxious brain put out to be factual :roll: :lol:

summary ?? hmmmmmm

emotions, heart, soul, sits under a big concrete block

:lol:

hows that ?? hope i didnt depress anyone too much :lol:

Anonymous

i'd say
were so desperate to make friends we cant talk for fear of losing those we dont even have.

LilMissTragic

I always say putting a socialpohobe into a social situation is like putting an arachnaphobe in a room with spiders. It could just be the one spider but the fear and anxiety is still there. With Sp it only takes 1 person to get the anxiety going.

MadCat

arachniphobia seems to have a strong fear presence than SP. Humans are more unpredictable in social situations whereas a spider is more simplistic and more easier to fear because of its simplicity (no offense to arachnids or anything).

I am arachniphobic and being infront of a spider makes me scream and panic in a more external way. The spider will not react in a way a social phobic will because it doesn't really understand the emotions and fears so a person is more visible with their fears.

I guess I'm trying to pump up the spiders reputations by saying they are more scarey :D haha

Social phobia is like..uhh whatever I'll let you guys deal with that.

Hamble

If somebody asked me what social phobia means, I'd say it means, being your own worst enemy. :roll:

renegade

i'd say SP is the fear of embarasment. or a malfunctioning brain, corrupted software

Social phobics' brains can't tell the difference between a conversation with someone and a fight with a wild animal.

Yeah, stupid brain. In conclusion, people are wild animals. Is like : Are you talking with someone? No, just wresling with a grizzly bear over the phone :lol:

I always say putting a socialpohobe into a social situation is like putting an arachnaphobe in a room with spiders. It could just be the one spider but the fear and anxiety is still there.

About that analogy, my mother is afraid of snakes, i don't know how this phobia is named. (my mother is a very outgoing and popular person, where did the fu*king genes go ? :evil: ). And i asked her yesterday about how she felt when she saw one, and she just freak out, even talking about them made her feel nervous. and i asked her how would you react if you would saw an UNpoisoness snake in front of you now ? she gave me no response, but i noticed she was very anxious allready :twisted:

i guess when people ask us why are we so tense and nervous we should first ask them about they'r worst fear and why are THEY so tense and nervous when facing they'r phobia. That's probably the best answer you could give them.