Sweating in paradise

RobReid

Came across this forum and see theres a lot of infomation and support here for those with hyperhydrosis. Thanks to poster Pinker who seems to be the unoffical mod for the HH forum.

My background, 35 years old asian guy living in Hawaii. I have had HH since age 7. Dealt with the usual teasing from kids and looks from adults after finishing high school. I have palmar, plantar HH. With face and underarms kicking in when getting an "attack" due to social situation.

I thought that childhood was bad but now, as just turn 35, I can see how much life with HH has stunted my development into a well rounded, social person with lots of friends and activites. Looking back, I have taken the path of least resistance. Avoiding social activities, hobbies, funtions, even my career choices. Sadly I have let my condition control a lot of my life.

I am encouraged by some other posters here who seem to still lead somewhat normal lives, marrying and have children. We did not have such a thing as the internet when I was growing up. Its nice that those here now have this venue to talk with others.

My treatments so far. I tried iontophorisis (sp?) in my teens with little success. The treatments were lengthy, cumbersome, and painful. Drysol applied at night wrapped in plastic. Recently been using oxybutinin. 5mg 2x a day with some decreased sweating but side affects were pretty bad. Now just take them for special occasions.

I want to try Advert/Robinol from the postings here it sounds better than oxy? How is the costs, oxy is generic so its cheap.

I have had success with botox injections for underarm sweating. My dermatologist had a convention and asked if i wanted to receive the
injections as a surgon was conduction a class there on the procedure. Underarm sweat virtually disappeared for years and is still very light to this day. Aloha!

rambo87

I'm in the same boat as you. My life is kinda "ruined" by the fact that I have palmar and plantar HH. I especially hate that my feet have this terrible stinking odour, despite that I am a really hygienic person otherwise :(

Like you I have taken the path of least resistance. And I know many people can say that you can't let your condition ruin your life like that, but the thing is, it is almost impossible to fight it mentally...

I am naturally an almost opposite person than what HH has made me artificially into. I am a really flirty/charismatic person, yet I avoid social contact (i also yearn for social contact, yet i avoid it). I am as mentioned really hygienic, yet I probably come across as dirty because of my smelly feets. I really want to be that person you see eating and laughing with friends in a cafe when you walk in the city... but instead I rely on the comforts of my home where I can keep my HH under certain control.

You see, I'm pretty much like you, and thanks to this forum, I hope someone else will share their story too :]