SweatX treatment experience

marcoter

So I had the 4th treatment last week. Unfortunately, there's no improvement. Actually, I think that there's no improvement at all from before starting the treatments, I just thought (or hoped) there was.

I've discussed that with the people responsible for the treatments and they want me to continue to do treatments, about 3 more (for free). I told them I don't think it will work given that there's no improvement until now, I don't see why I will start seeing results later. But I'll do at least one more, why not. I have also found on some German and Dutch forums some people reporting that they aren't seeing any results as well. I don't understand why a respectable company would make a machine that won't work, at least for most people. Remember, I'm doing 3 areas, so I thought in the worst case at least one of them should show some results.

Last edited:

wethandsandfeet

Marcoter,
Thanks for the update. It's certainly disappointing to hear this.
One would have expected at least the underarms to show significant improvement.
I was hoping that this might be a great new solution for sufferers of palmar HH but perhaps not :-(

Solo Dolo

Hello guys, I contacted the Vein and Cosmetic Center of Tampa about the SweatX procedure and this is what they had to say:

"Thanks for contacting the Vein & Cosmetic Center of Tampa Bay! SweatX was designed to just treat the underarms for excessive sweating. We have been doing this treatment for around 6 months and Dr. Hunt isn't happy with the results. The treatment is very uncomfortable for the patient and the results seem to be very minimal. As of last week he has just decided to stop offering SweatX and continue using Botox to treat the area. Sorry for this disappointing news but we only want to offer the best to our patients and want them to be happy. Just let us know if we can be of help to you anytime in the future. Have a great day!"

This is obviously disappointing to say the least.

NickM

Dang.. I had been day dreaming about getting my affected areas taken care of with this procedure. Seems now that won't happen.

marcoter

Finally, I have decided to stop the treatments and do Botox instead. They agreed to do it for me for free. I will be starting a different thread about 2 new techniques that are being investigated for hyperhidrosis that potentially could be used for different areas.

marcoter

So,do you know if there is any new procedure with botox for areas such as at back and chest;
No, but there is a new topical botox that is undergoing clinical trials. Also, there is a new topical soft anticholingeric called BBI-4000. These could be potentially used anywhere.