Teen Depression

april14

what do u all think about teen Depression ?have u ever been in Depression ? do u know someone who was? :!:

prince1

Yes me, constantly, only because i have SA which holds me back from alot of enjoyable experiances. I dwell on my past mistakes :x Oh the aggony.

jamez

yes, I know a bit about depression, in fact I am mostly depressed for the most part.

louieann34

Actually most teenagers are experiencing depression,it is a burden to carry it all the time...That sometimes you could study for it is bothering you...For you to relax, why not defuse an Essential Oils at home on your bedroom...This will surely help you calm your self and relax the mind, by just inhaling the aroma that the Essential Oils is providing you.

HAA...sry those post are starting to make me laugh!...uh the oil ones...just to make that clear

SilentType

Banned
I've been a teen with depression for a long time, clinically diagnosed three years ago. It's sad that so many people have to live with such an illness.

I, for one, have been destroyed by it. I had a lot of friends in school, then when SP and depression soon thereafter in 10th grade, I decided to homeschool my way to a diploma. I finished my final three years in just one and went to college the next year, the whole time trying to mask my anxiety and depression using drugs with what were believed to be my "friends." I smoked a lot of pot and used a wide variety of drugs. My anxiety became so bad about a year ago that I began avoiding most social situations. Most of my friends tried getting me to do stuff for a while up until a few months ago, when I lost contact with everyone outside of my family. I dropped out of college altogether a month ago, allowing the anxiety another victory. I'm currently doing medical transcription training so that I can work at home, which is probably going to make my life less stressful, but more agoraphobic... I still smoke pot to this day. I sometimes get on AIM and get a stray message asking to hang out the next day, but my SP just gets the best of the situation every time. I've more or less given up trying to battle the anxiety. I stopped using medication because it was ineffective after about two years of various SSRIs, Benzos, and Propanolol. The drugs just turned me into a zombie, not caring about the negative things, but not caring about the positive things either. Propanolol, the doctor said, would slow my heart beat, which it did. She did not tell me that it would do so by turning off my adrenaline. I felt deceived, and was tired of paying for bullshit meds and getting hooked on more drugs. Yesterday I found out on CNN that higher percentages of aging people are getting bone loss and its being linked to SSRIs. What medicine! I still smoke pot to this day as my medication (helps me forget my anxiety and be more interested in the world around me, and it has no side effects except red eyes and euphoria, too bad! :p lol) but I know that so many people have found help with this illness via the same drugs the doctor was giving me. I'm torn, though, on whether to go back to her for help because what I'm doing now isnt getting me any better...

Sacrament

louieann34 said:
Actually most teenagers are experiencing depression,it is a burden to carry it all the time...That sometimes you could study for it is bothering you...For you to relax, why not defuse an Essential Oils at home on your bedroom...This will surely help you calm your self and relax the mind, by just inhaling the aroma that the Essential Oils is providing you.

Oh God, please make her stop.

lally

prince1 said:
Yes me, constantly, only because i have SA which holds me back from alot of enjoyable experiances. I dwell on my past mistakes :x Oh the aggony.

Oh my god, I feel the same fucking way! :(

empla

i have depression on and off, i have suffered for a while now, it has got to a stage where the doctors will leave my medication on a repeat prescription. it can be quite embarassing

sidney

I'm suffering from depression from lots of stuff , skool works getting harder, more demand for me to be confident even though i cant, negative thoughts all the time (im working on clearing them) terrified of certain teachers, friends not understanding and often making things worse, family doesnt know how bad it is and keep saying its my work load in skool which it isnt although it is getting harder but im on top of it and even at mass SP plays up so i cant escape even on weekends OMG I'm surrounded!! :cry: even when i enjoy a happy moment negative thoughts soon take it away grrrr!! :evil:

2be

been going through lotta depression speciall this summer, my best bet is to just find things to do, such as working out running try to learn a new instrument.. etc..

maggie

JamesE said:
im 13, and i've attempted suicide twice.
going to this site is my only option.
james..i'm glad you found this site..tons of us on here know what you're going through. Believe me..being a teenager is hard enough..then to top it off with depression, anxiety...is kinda like a cruel joke :evil: Things do get better..trust me..you'll learn to cope with life better as you get older..but you have to give yourself a chance. Lots of us on here are here to help..and understand completely what you're going through. Is there someone, a counselor at your school, a parent..someone you can confide in to get through the rough spot?

coriander1992

I think I go in and out of the depression.

We're constantly under pressure to acheive good exam results, and morph into confident social geniuses all the time...lay the f*ck off! :evil:

What annoys me the most is when adults who didn't behave much or get good grades when they were teens have the cheek to lecture me about it!

Ironic

Yup. I am depressed, I was treated for a while on it and it did not get better, If anything, It got worse.
Depression, panic attacks and social anxiety...