Telling people about your phobia

palenikana

Have any of you told your friends and family about your phobia. If so, could you tell me how they reacted to your statement. I told people close to me a couple weeks ago, and I feel most now look at me as strange and weak (almost like a freak). Did any of you feel like people acted like this toward you? Sometimes I feel as if I shouldn't have said a word to them.

Colin

Yes my family thinks I am weak. But it's hard for them to empathize if they don't experience the feelings so don't mind what they think or say about you to others.

maggie

The reason I have not told anyone, is because I'm pretty sure they won't understand, and they will then watch for every sign of my problem, and this will make me feel even more freakish 8O

Colin

You mean to say your family and friends have not suspected a thing?
My family thought I was weird before and after I told them.

Damien

my mum, grandparents, girlfriend and my brother know. Some people i used to work with. They are all very supportive. It depends on how you tell them too. Try not to make them feel like they should give you sympathy.

Damien

maggie

I don't know what my family thinks. I'm pretty sure they think I'm weird, know I'm really shy, but beyond that, they have no idea what I go through. I avoid all family gatherings that I possibly can, with one dumbass excuse after another. Anyone else I come into contact has that look about them, you know, the "what the fuck is with her??" look. :roll: