The driving force

Doomed2Die

I'm feeling the need of... possibly a very deep discussion. I care not for personal things, for what? The shame of not acting on accord of another who likewise does the same?

Uh, so this is it. I have hit prehaps rock bottom in depression, questioning my existance many times and now I have a meaning.

Passion for humanity, trust, honesty ect. Things that are considered a weakness maybe in today's world. Through this I have learned of Jehovah god. True it was high hopes, but gradually I have changed, for better no doubt. Insight increased in a large scale and my natural care, interest even, for humanity restored. Granted I laspe in and out of a depressive state mostly because of lack of sleep (always have been terrible, terrible sleeper). I laugh at those who think me weak, as I am anything but. And to me, true joy can be found in helping others, no lie. I care little about material things and if I suppose I had not SA I would be outside everyday telling others of God and whatnot, discussing deep things and fully realising that the world is pretty much going to end pretty damned soon. (ask anyone). Hopefully in time I can do this.

If anything, my passion, my hope... is learning with my newfound insight.

Maybe im deluded, maybe im touching on what is normal for the average person to feel... you tell me, I enjoy questioning lies of the mind and world(unnatural fear for one. ect.).

Now if anyone feels ok to do so, post, post your reason why you continue to live. Be it you dont feel you have any but simple pleasures, be it you plan on building a fortune in business or loving those you love.

The core reason for living, no huge theories. Just why. Even if means saying "Why not?".

(hmm re-reading this proves to myself I love life deep inside dispite my outward apathetic mood. In your face depression!)

Starry

Yep, happiness comes not through material things, not through achievements as measured by society. The point of life is to be happy, to let your heart be free, to feel love for others, to help others as best as we can.

The only achievements that matter, are those of being the best person you can be in terms of the love you feel, the goodness you possess and show to others.

Society doesn't see this. Society turns towards the material, it shuns goodness and love in favour of money and possessions, for prestige and power...

It sounds tacky, but it's true, the Beatles hit the nail on the head "All You need is Love". If people were more open to feeling and expressing love, on all levels, then everyone would be happier.

Doomed2Die

Exactly, and the ironic thing is should the average person stop everything and think it out nine times out of ten they agree, but still they pursue nothing but promises of money and material gain. I understand the feeling because it is so radical in the face of society it is hard to believe fully.

I have read many accounts where a person has acheived his or her dream only to feel emptiness. Even admist the money and fame they still know a part is missing, the key piece of humanity that in today's world has become a rarity.

okkamsrazor

Ajuna24 said:
okkamsrazor said:
:) what keeps me going? Trust - Absolute trust that I will find my path.

Seriously? I wish it could be that easy for me.

Its not easy ajuna! i think you gotta set your mind frame right, for example try and focus on a future self where you are living in the way you'd like to, dont put an age to it; just see a future self, then and have trust in that, and everything productive (going out, seeking therapy, studying) you do is working toward moving closer to that point.
:)
Okk

Ajuna24

okkamsrazor said:
Ajuna24 said:
okkamsrazor said:
:) what keeps me going? Trust - Absolute trust that I will find my path.

Seriously? I wish it could be that easy for me.

Its not easy ajuna! i think you gotta set your mind frame right, for example try and focus on a future self where you are living in the way you'd like to, dont put an age to it; just see a future self, then and have trust in that, and everything productive (going out, seeking therapy, studying) you do is working toward moving closer to that point.
:)
Okk

I can set my mind frame "right". The problem is that there is no way of living "I'd like" that I can possibly achieve. It just isn't realistic.
When I try to focus on my future self, All I see is this stupid imaginary person. It's what I'd like to be.
Even if a had all i could ever dream of.. for example; positive qualities, a nice car, the dream job, lots of friends, etc.
I know whats at the end of that rope. Emptiness and misery.

It's like having walked along a path that I never chose to walk. I'd like to be on another path, but I cannot turn back or somehow get to the "right" path.
And that is why every step I take along this path is simply counterproductive. Which in the end is why I just want to seize to exist.
...For the lack of a better explanation.

flake__

Ajuna24 said:
I can set my mind frame "right". The problem is that there is no way of living "I'd like" that I can possibly achieve. It just isn't realistic.
When I try to focus on my future self, All I see is this stupid imaginary person. It's what I'd like to be.
Even if a had all i could ever dream of.. for example; positive qualities, a nice car, the dream job, lots of friends, etc.
I know whats at the end of that rope. Emptiness and misery.

It's like having walked along a path that I never chose to walk. I'd like to be on another path, but I cannot turn back or somehow get to the "right" path.
And that is why every step I take along this path is simply counterproductive. Which in the end is why I just want to seize to exist.
...For the lack of a better explanation.

Sometimes hope can be the worst thing. You set up a perfect image in your mind that is unachievable, and beat yourself up when you never get there. I used to do that. Now i have a much different image. I just want to be happy. I don't care about social norms like popularity, nice car etc. I just want to be myself, whatever that is, and be happy with myself. Instead of wishing for a different 'path' i guess i'm wishing to be happy on my own 'path'. Even if i don't know exactly what's on that path yet.

And yeh i'm same as okk, absolute trust i will get there.