The fight

Do you enjoy fighting the good fight?

• Yea

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nay

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Doomed2Die

Now maybe its because I have had less than 10 hours sleep in two nights but does anyone take pleasure in fighting this problem so to speak? A bittersweet thing yes, but its inspiring when building up off a small victory and following into grander schemes. Granted I have a cavalier attitude in general but the sheer irony and fun in dueling with fear and to smile it away when sporting such thoughts is rather exquisite no?

So I say, those who feel likewise speak up! Laugh at our fears and dance a deadly dance in matters social, things personal and subjects frightening. With a goal to leave our enemies in the dust and to never look back.

silentbutdeadly

That was so eloquent. I never really thought of it that way, but it's so true. Maybe we're lucky to have a difficult fight like this...the rewards along the way and at the end will be that much sweeter.

We need more positive posts like this, thanks for that. ("dance a deadly dance"...good stuff 8) )

Fight The Good Fight by Triumph

The days grow shorter and the nights are getting long
Feels like we're running out of time
Every day it seems much harder tellin' right from wrong
You got to read between the lines

Don't get discouraged, don't be afraid, we can
Make it through another day
Make it worth the price we pay

The Good Book says it's better to give than to receive
I do my best to do my part
Nothin' in my pockets I got nothin' up my sleeve
I keep my magic in my heart

Keep up your spirit, keep up your faith, baby
I am counting on you
You know what you've got to do

CHORUS:
Fight the good fight every moment
Every minute every day
Fight the good fight every moment
It's your only way

All your life you've been waiting for your chance
Where you'll fit into the plan
But you're the master of your own destiny
So give and take the best that you can

You think a little more money will buy your soul some rest
You'd better think of something else instead
You're so afraid of being honest with yourself
You'd better take a look inside your head

Nothing is easy, nothing good is free
But I can tell you where to start
Take a look inside your heart
There's an answer in your heart

CHORUS

Doomed2Die

Ah but its a condition destroyed by conflict! It is truely bitter admittedly, but like masochists the pain is pleasurable for it is surely for the better. No pain no gain I guess.

I find that by breaking free of SA and its fellow kin allows for a more appreciative view of the world other than the average person.

Willpower, fighting of the mind builds willpower.

Joldo

The one time I took a big step to battle my SA I got crushed, so now I don't bother. Nice post though :) .

Doomed2Die

By considering the mindset itself as a enemy I find its a ton easier to move against. Kinda thought of this naturally like most of my personal methods I rarely think about them specifically, or pay much attention to other help be it text or voice.

Don't let it consume you! Stand tall in that even in defeat you know that one day this reign of torment shall end and during which you will be laughing at its false truths and petty methods knowing that they lead only to darkness. (eh the more tired I get the more 'fantasy-ish' my text becomes).

phoenix1

The funny thing is, I think many of us are so anxious, so scared, so shy because we are such good fighters. We have such a fight and a desire in ourselves that we destroy ourselves every day of our lives. If we didn't care and we gave in, we would be more 'normal'.

Its crazy to think about what we are actually fighting? The battle against SA is not like fighting cancer or a sickness. The more we desire to fight, the greater we fall and get hurt. Its the craziest fight in the world. Its like if we fight, then we fail. If we give up, we fail as well. You can never win because 'the fight' doesnt even really exist. There is nothing to overcome. Its a switch of what we desire that is needed.

flake__

a) i love your attitude doomed2die! And your poetic speech :wink:

b) phoenix you have hit on the head! EXCEPT if we give up we do not have to fail. We have to stop desiring to get out and accept ourselves as we are. With the sa. Doomed2die is right that we have to separate ourselves from that negative voice in our heads that criticises us all the time. Be cheeky to that voice--everyone can try this. Tell that voice you love your SA! You love yourself and you love the SA! Will yourself to blush or stutter or whatever it is you are afraid of. And don't beat yourself up afterwards. Congratulate yourself even! Start separating yourself from the negativity. Play with that voice in your head. Every time you believe that voice and say 'yes, i am an idiot because i failed to act non-SA' you are doing yourself more damage than you know.

Doomed2Die

Absolutely! It is in the end only ourselves to fight, those elements and thoughts that do nothing but cause sufferering. So to belittle IT not yourself is a much more positive take on the matter to accept it and reject it other than rejecting yourself. Personifying it maybe as a enemy that cannot possibly defeat you, something that should it resist your hopes you will be happy to battle against.

phoenix1

Well said flake!

I guess it depends on how you define 'the fight'. The problem with fighting SA directly is that you can never win. Anxiety is the fear of pain. The focus with anxiety is on stopping pain. If we succeed at stopping the pain (which isnt possible), then the absolute best we can do is stand still and still not get better.

People who are very outgoing are not there because they are less afraid. That's one of the biggest misconceptions. They are there because they *desire* to do well, they desire to be a better person. Their focus is on succeeding and doing well. They love the challenge. They don't go into a party simply without fear, they go into a party like its their love, their meal, their passion. They don't NEED anxiety to fight, they have something much more powerful.

Switching the 'voice' from negativitiy to love and desire and positivity, sounds to most people who have SA as stupid or a ridiculous joke. I was there for many years. I thought to myself...oh really? all I need to do is be positive and love myself? ...why thank you doctor! The reason why its so difficult to comprehend a switch like that is because anxiety is always a last resort in our brain. If we can't fix ourselves with anxiety, the why in the world would positivity work? It's impossible to comprehend.

When we have severe SA, the thinking pattern is that we are working anxiety in an effort to stem the pain so that we can equalize, and then maybe *later* we can look to the positive. But the problem is that when we use anxiety to stop anxiety, we create anxiety out of anxiety, so its a forever process and we never get to that point where we can automatically switch focus.

Sometimes we need a leap of faith. Trust that love and success and positivitiy is possible. That anxiety is flawed when its focus is on anxiety itself. We can get better. And we can 'fight' if we know what we really need to fight against.

thequietone

Doomed2Die said:
Absolutely! It is in the end only ourselves to fight, those elements and thoughts that do nothing but cause sufferering. So to belittle IT not yourself is a much more positive take on the matter to accept it and reject it other than rejecting yourself. Personifying it maybe as a enemy that cannot possibly defeat you, something that should it resist your hopes you will be happy to battle against.

This is PERFECT, Doomed. I salute you! :wink: It's how I'm dealing with my anxiety right now and I recommend it to everyone! It keeps you in control. Self-pity and panic and anger are all dangerous traps, I am guilty of all these, but with maturity comes understanding. I know I can never be where I was before, I have grown too much.

It's good to make light of this--after all there are worse things and if you look over the long span of your life, you will realize that all bad times end. The true you always prevails in the Good Fight.