the new work out plan

jaypee06

so after reading about how good exercise is for SA/APD i joined the gym at the beginning of the year but to date have only attended less than 10 times

im much to scared to ask anyone at the gym for any pointers so most of the time i have no idea what im doing - i got a free 45 minute PT session when i signed up but the guy seemed so disinterested in me, like he'd ask me to do an exercise, then just walk off and watch the TV then come back and ask how many reps i'd done, didnt tell me if my form was correct or anything... :( so im kind of hesitant to pay for that kind of service...

anyone here able to help me put together a rough work out plan and maybe a better diet to help me achieve my goals?

Thelema

That guy sounds like an ass. But what did you do during the half assed personal training? I'm guessing exercises that work your whole body and he told you to do that 2 or 3 times a week? That would be a good start. Do that consistently for a couple months and then you can start getting in to the more complex stuff.

Diet is complimentary to your exercise plan. But you gotta get to the gym! It has to be part of your routine. Don't get overly bogged down in diet. If you want to gain wait eat more. If you want to lose weight eat less. If I were you, I'd just worry about getting at least 3 days a week in the gym.

Last edited:

nicole1

Look up exercises on youtube or on a site like bodybuilders.com...or bodybuilder.com. Or bodybuilding.com. I'm not sure... It's one of those.
Men's Health also have great tips.
I put together equipment here at the house. I have a free membership at school. I also have Wii Fit with several videos and have access to workout videos online as well as in my DVD collection.
Also, the track is pretty cool when not many people are around.
There are options until you work your way up to being in a facility. OR you can do at home options so you won't have an excuse to skip the gym.

jaypee06

yea it seems like the routine he put together for me was a basic exercise for each main muscle group and told me to do that for 8 weeks which i havent been able to keep up consistently

how will i know when exactly i'm ready to move onto more 'complex' exercises as you say?

is the main goal of this routine to build my strength?

thanks for the advice :) much appreciated