The Olympics

Derek

Hi,

I was just wondering what everyones favorite winter olympics sport to watch was and wich contry you are all from.

I'm form Canada and I love hockey the best (naturally) :D

Derek

Toad

Being a skier myself, I enjoy the skiing and snowboarding events the most (freestyle events mainly). Next year I might try and learn snowboarding, and will probably be stupid enough to try tricks with it eventually....oh the benifits of not giving a damn about yourself. I'm from the USA.

SilentOutlaw

Im from Canada and I love hockey, but I watch most of the events if a Canadian is competing, except for cross country skiing, figure skating and curling.

Ive been training hard for snowshoe racing, hopefully it will become an Olympic sport , so I can win gold! :lol:

cLavain

@Pea

:lol: But you could say that about any sport! Could you give me an example of a sport that isn't pointless, when you get down to it?

-Running round in circles?
-Moving many kilometers with long flat boards on your feet?
-Kicking an inflated ball around on a field with intricate yet ultimately arbitrary rules?
-Endlessly smashing a small ball back and forth across a net?

When you get down to it, you do a sport either because it makes you fitter or because you think it's fun, or both. I honestly can't see that one sport is more ridiculous than another. It's funny how popularity suddenly makes a stupid activity seem sane and meaningful!

:D

cLavain

Yeah, it does seem like a lazy sport! :)

For some reason curling has gotten a lot of media attention in my country lately, don't know why...

Actually, I never watch sport on telly, anyway, so to me the whole thing seems like much ado about nothing. I say: If you really care about sport then get your lazy ass off the couch and do it yourself! Just my two cents, though... :wink:

SilentOutlaw

I agree. I don't think curling should be considered a sport. It is more a game like shuffleboard or lawn bowling, which requires little athletic ability other then sweeping with a broom. Olympic sports are supposed to involve athletes with superior athletic abilities. It isn't a very appealing spectator sport unless your a hardcore fan or a relative/friend of the competetors. If curling is in the Winter Olympics, why not add shuffleboard or lawn bowling to the Summer Olympics.

Chilling__Echo

yeah, it's kind of entertaining though to hear all the yelling and screaming and not know what's going on. and i can never tell when the stone's gonna stop or keep going...

redlady

I love watching figure skating - it is so beautiful and elegant - oh and the drama of it all!

redlady

Zosima said:
redlady said:
I love watching figure skating - it is so beautiful and elegant - oh and the drama of it all!
- You mean you enjoy watching them fall on their asses ??!! :D :twisted: :wink:

Yeah that too!! :lol: Did you see the reaction of the Italian chick when her partner toppled them both over - oooohhhh daggers :twisted: