There should be a social anxiety dating website

xcatx

i think maybe your right when my sa was really bad years ago and i found it hard everyday i couldnt imagine having a bf.I didnt have my first relationship untill i ws 17, but my bf then didnt have sa nad couldnt really understand i didnt even knoe what s was propley then.
I think that most people want a realtionshop and if two people are a bit simlair and have the same intrests mabe even someone with bad sa could have a realtionship.O r just not to people with very serve sa.

turtlett

I'd rather date someone with SA because I'm tired of people who can't understand or don't bother trying to understand. All those people do is make me feel weird and depressed because I can't do everything they do so easily. I think if I dated someone with SA I wouldn't feel so pressured to do things I don't want to do.

I don't really like the dating sites though, but good luck with trying to start one.

TheLoneWolf

i tried another dating site for "normal" people. I met someone and we started chatting online. She then said that we should meet up. I told her that was fine and semi-jokingly said how awkward it was going to be. She didn't get it. She was like, why would it be be awkward? That statement alone shows that there needs to be a way for SA to meet each other. People with SA shouldnt have to feel like crap all the time because they feel that they're alone in this world. Nothing would make me happier than to start a SA dating website or even meeting website, except for the fact that Im not good with computers and such. Right now im in the process of starting a business that is good for money but doesnt fill me spiritually. This def would. If anyone is interested, let me know

Ericisme

Shypassions.com and nolongerlonely.com They aren't only for social anxiety, but they have the groups with social anxiety/phobia. Just stay away from the chat on shypassions, shypassions has dozens of other passion sites(goth,geek,nudist) and the chatrooms kinda are in the same, most the people you'll find are from nudists, just some horny guys.

jackinwa

I'm fully for it...

...but given how much money you need for hosting, advertising and so on, I don't know... if you have like a group of geeks (I say that with pride btw... couldn't find a job that supports my interest in computers, but whatever), I guess it could work...

-Jack in WA

Chrysalis

Good idea in theory I guess, but with both the people's baggage / fears / anxieties / concerns / quirks mingling, they may make each other worse / more stagnant than improve and grow together.

Hard to say though - perhaps if you met someone who wanted to progress with you :)

Yukinari

I think it's a great idea. It's always been my dream to find someone that sees the world like I do. I just want to be with someone that understands me, that way we can both make each other happy. The only problem is that it'll be twice as hard because of how nervous I would be.

Last edited:

jackinwa

Hm...

I think it's a great idea. It's always been my dream to find someone that sees the world like I do. I just want to be with someone that understands me, that way we can both make each other happy. The only problem is that it'll be twice as hard because of how nervous I would be.

I'm tired of being "prey" to Asperger's, being antisocial, feeling ridiculous, etc, etc, etc. I think it's about high time that I met someone, someone just like me, or someone kinda like me... who wouldn't go OMG and dump me... supposing it was a member of the opposite sex.

Maybe my gung-ho attitude about dating will put you at ease. Maybe. "Okay, Yukinari, I don't care what you look like or how terrible your social skills are, I'm going to wait on the park bench on the city sidewalk by your front door. You can either meet me for the first time or not. Your choice. But I'm here when you are."

That's where I am at right now. I sure hope I'm not a stalker. I just know our survivability is dictated by how social we are in the next ten years or so. I wouldn't want someone fighting off hunger because they cannot stand in line or cannot ask someone for something to eat. If I help someone be more social, I think it helps me, too.

-Jack in WA

jackinwa

Yeah, that's exactly how I feel as well.

Well, too bad you live in Texas. I'm not a fan of friendships over a computer screen. It's just not the same...

If only there was more people... crazy how I wish more people was disabled like me. Most people want other people to improve, to get better. Not worse.

-Jack in WA

mndigi

Maybe it's to do with my culture but I think there are a 1000 more important things to do before dating or relationships. If I have Social Phobia, I'd rather first defeat it, start enjoying life and work, and then think of relationships. Relationships/dating are very overrated in my opinion.

jackinwa

Maybe it's to do with my culture but I think there are a 1000 more important things to do before dating or relationships. If I have Social Phobia, I'd rather first defeat it, start enjoying life and work, and then think of relationships. Relationships/dating are very overrated in my opinion.

That's weird... I think I'm more inclined to seek someone out because of my social apprehension in these tough economic times. I don't have alot of money to spend, like the 95% or so of the world's population.

But I see those even if they don't have money, they are doing well because of their friends. I don't see myself doing well in either sense and so, I feel I might be held back in terms of nutrition or in some other way... or I am not as happy as everyone else...

I guess if push comes to shove, I'd guess that it will be every person for her or himself. And I'd rather not let that happen. Again, I wouldn't want someone's company I could enjoy to end up starving because she cannot even face long lines or something.

Does that seem weird?

P.S. I watched I Am Legend yesterday, I think. It was interesting for Will Smith to portray such a psychological breakdown where he was talking to mannequins, to maintain his "social needs" when he was the only man alive in New York City. There were some plot holes, yes, but I think I would really fall for the character if it was, say Angela Bassett in that role... but of course I'm biased. Sorry.

Jo1991

I have been dating my bf for 2 years and he doesn't have SA. I am so used to him and i told him how i feel and he says that he understands. He treats me like a princess and i love him a lot. Although, at times we have our drama like every couple out there.

♥ sweet kiss ♥

That kind of makes sense. Ya know, I'm always been label the shy one. So when I meet someone who doesn't talk as much or with SA I tend to be the social one because I feel like we already have something in common.

Shypassions.com and nolongerlonely.com They aren't only for social anxiety, but they have the groups with social anxiety/phobia. Just stay away from the chat on shypassions, shypassions has dozens of other passion sites(goth,geek,nudist) and the chatrooms kinda are in the same, most the people you'll find are from nudists, just some horny guys.

Just wanted to bump this topic because I saw the recent one that was closed.

This is about the best you'll be able to do for dating sites for us social phobics.