Thinking pattern

Danfalc

Banned
Excuse my language but umm the best way i can describe this is that my thought process seems to be really fucked.

Its kinda like im brain dead or somthing,its like my thoughts are all broken and jumbled and i have trouble following thoughts through.Im sorry cos i know this probaly doesnt make much sence and i was wondering if anyone is simlar to this and could maybe explain it better.

PhantomPod

eh, I seem to be a bit scattered brained too. My thoughts are always bouncing all around my brain, and it's hard for me to get them out in clear, complete sentences. My mind also always goes blank whenever I try to talk to someone. I'll get myself all fired up and ready to go into a situation like "ok, I'm gonna do this. I'm gonna be out going, talkative, and we're going to have a nice conversation," but I am NEVER able to do it. It's horrible. Sometimes it's because I can't even muster up the courage to speak to the person, and other times it's because my mind goes blank and I can't think of a single topic to start the conversation on.

And I had kind of a bad day at work today. It was my second day and I've been determined to be more talkative and to try and overcome my shyness, but I just couldn't do it. It's like I have to much internal thinking going on to even try and find topics for conversation in my mind. I really hate it. Really pisses me off. I just don't understand why I'm not able to just open up and speak. :? grrr.

I'm not sure that was exactly what you were talking about with your original post, but I just really had to rant about my crap day.

Danfalc

Banned
Thanks for the replies guys i appreciate it cos i know what im saying probaly doesnt make much sence.

PhantomPod, i know what you mean about your mind going blank when speaking to people, but my thinking pattern is still pretty fucked up even when im not in a stressfull situation,its not like i have thoughts bouncing round my head or racing thoughts, god this is gonna sound really stupid..... but its like i just cant think properly, im gonna shut up now cos im confusing myself :?
(sorry to hear you had a shitty day at work by the way and no worries for having a rant)

Maybe your right worrydoll saying its a sympton of depression, guess my best bet is to ask my doctor when i next see him.

Thx again peeps

Danny

Scottish_Player

Hey Dan,sorry to hear how you are feeling mate, i do get a bit scatter brained somtimes but i cant say ive felt the way you are feeling just now like u said i think its best if you talk to your doc. One thing that helps me when i feeling a little mixed and up confused is to just get away from the norm for a while this may be a bit harder for you when you dont drive but a change of scenery often helps me as everything iam seeing is new and i have no familiar stuff around me to remind me of feeling bad if that makes sense :roll: ........... i think iam going a little crazy now

Have been anymore walks along the canal recently?

Danfalc

Banned
Nah theres been no walks along the canal recently mate, sorry to get all depressing but things have got really bad latley, im feeling really hopeless and dangrously depressed im so tempting to get my gun and blow my brains out at the moment,im not saying thats what im gonna do but thats how low im feeling at the moment.But i guess when things are this bad things can only get better cos they certainly cant get any worse.

PhantomPod

Thanks for not minding about the rant. My second job was a bit better, so I'm feeling a little better now.

Man, I hate when someone is feeling really shitty and I can't even think of something helpful or positive to say. Damn, I keep just wishing that we could all be friends in real life. It feels like it would be so much easier to talk to others who are similar to ourselves. You're right though. I'm sure things can only get better for you. Even if it's just slowly but surely. I really hope you'll feel better about things and that your week gets better. Just try and think positive thoughts or something. Like "things can only get better, things can only get better."

nicola_maire

i can totaly relate. when i was all outa control with my cannabis this is what my thoughts would be.

'............................................................................................. (one of my mates say something)..................................(replying in my mind) ............................yeh (but insted i would just smile at them, i would not say a word)......................... why doesnt anyone like me? why does no one talk to me? what happened to nicola? where is she? who is this person inside of me? i think ive lost it....yep im insane, no im normal there all wierd.............no there not why cant i talk?'

it was alot more vivid than that, but thats what i can remeber thinking. i know, its horrible....i think its gets to the point where you cant seperate 'normal' thought from sp thoughts, and thats hard to learn the differnce, i guess you just have to find your own way of dealing, through knowing yourself, and knowing which thoughts r normal for you.

Scottish_Player

Hey Dan, just thought i would send ya a quick post to see how you are, are you feeling any better since the other day :?:

Hope all is well :wink:

Toad

Danfalc said:
i cant even manage to make friends with people through the internet
but but but...ill be your friend. Sorry you're feeling like shit though and try to keep pushing though it, I know you can.

Danfalc

Banned
Thx for the support guys and im sorry i wrote that post last night, i kinda just got all self pity and depressed :oops:

Scottish_Player

Danfalc said:
Thx for the support guys and im sorry i wrote that post last night, i kinda just got all self pity and depressed :oops:

I didnt get to read the post you deleted :( its ok to wallow in self pitty as long as you come to the other end at somepoint :wink:

Vincent

Banned
i try and block out my thoughts cos they are all negative, then they are replaced with empty space with which to think, then that space is filled with "what should I think about, what do normal people think about?" I dont know, so it just stays in this stupid loop.

nerdgirl178

I read somewhere that mental pauses to formulate what you think you want to say or are about to say, or something like that, is a trait of schizophrenia. I have AvPD and I do ALWAYS have a million things on my mind to say so I won't look like a complete idiot! My way of thinking really sucks because I am the quietest person you will meet but my brain is working overtime of things to say! Like its real bad.

Angie_05

My thoughts are crazy like that too, except I disagree with myself all the time. Then I can't make decisions on the way I think. This is usually just trivial things. I am always asking other people for their opinions on things so it can help sort out my thoughts.

But I don't think we're weird. It's probably a sign of some kind of intelligence. Too many thoughts to handle at one time, all of them interrupting each other so you can't ever finish one out.

Hope things get better for you. I've been very depressed recently too so don't feel alone!