This was shocking...

Tuukka40

Disclaimer: I get that I shouldn't have lied at this point.

Okay...So I have an online friend..We met on a website called BlogTV.

I am shy, awkward, etc..I get compliments on my looks sometimes but I also get told that I look shy.

She is pretty, outgoing, popular at her high school, etc..

So we've talked (usually text) like every day since mid July or so. I won't lie right now...
I kind of portrayed to her that I live the life that I actually would want to live if I had the choice. So it was stupid but I acted like I get girls and party.

But we were talking on the phone tonight and she was like laughing and jokingly serious that she doesn't think that I do any of that.

Which is half true because I do party.
But she said I act like a virgin and she doesn't believe I've ever had sex. She thinks I would be shy and awkward around girls. Which is true. I'm 18 and I've never kissed a girl. But it's super embarrassing because all this time she just didn't believe me. She said she couldn't picture me in a relationship with a girl. She was right to say that I guess.

I always believed I could kind of fake it to really anyone. I mean I lied about my virginity to her but I don't like fabricate my life to her. Just my relationships with girls.

I kept trying to play it off and say I wasn't a virgin..And she got on board a little bit....Buuut this sucks. Really? That is the message I give off!? I just feel really embarrassed because she's two years younger and has had sex...And now I know how she really does think of me. How also, most other people view me, too.

She said being a virgin is a plus but this whole situation sucks..

Any silver lining to this...? Should I tell her the truth?

MikeyC

Yes, tell her the truth. Tell her you are a virgin. If she said being a virgin is a plus then there's no reason why you should hide it from her.

It's obvious you two like each other so it's best to be forthright. The two of you might even share a laugh about it, who knows.

lonely_drummer

I think you should tell her the truth and that you were just embarrassed to do so. Just be up front (easier said than done obviously). It's better to just tell the truth rather than get caught in a lie, plus if shes a half decent person, she should understand, if not, personally I wouldn't bother with her anymore, us shy guys don't need anymore of that in our lives. I wish you luck sir

Flowers-Of-Bloom

Look at it this way... She obviously still likes you even if she has guessed correctly about your virginity and awkwardness around girls. So that hasn't put her off and she sounds like she would've accepted you even if you had told her the truth in the first place (correct me if I'm wrong?). She might feel confused or hurt that you are lying to her, so telling her the truth and apologising sincerely is probably the best thing you can do for your friendship right now. Good luck and I hope it works out.

ChronoSerge

I wouldn't tell the truth. You spent a couple minutes lying to her and that could cause her to lose trust in you if you came clean, plus it is considered uncool to be a virgin. I'm 18 and a virgin just like you so I know how hard it is to have social pressure about an issue thats stupid. Whenever somebody doubts me I just act like I don't care if they believe me, trying to convince them will just make them doubt you even more. You shouldn't act like a womanizer though, people will probably call you on it.

emre43

Tell her the truth. She will understand why you lied in the first place because you found the situation embarassing.

Tuukka40

I figured maybe this would entertain some people....

As you read, I met this girl online. We were really good friends since July 2011. Around January 2012 I was looking to play hockey in her area (it was a move for my future, not for her). At the same time, she was just starting to move on from her last boyfriend. So neither of us really had anyone as far as boyfriend/girlfriend possibilities.

I admitted to her I was a virgin in February and she thought it was the most amazing thing in the world...she was extremely happy and supportive to me about it.

After that we ended up gradually talking on the phone for hours on end just about every single day. In April we kind of decided that we would wanted to be in a legit relationship, even though we never had met in person.

We both had unique situations that kind of really brought us together and made a really strong bond. I was extremely lonely and she just lost the guy who was her long term boyfriend/bestfriend.

We met in June and we clicked amazingly. I was actually comfortable with her and could be myself. We're still together now in September and she has been my first everything. I live close enough to see her 1-2 times per week and even now we still talk on the phone as much as possible. We're still crazy about each other.

Pretty awesome I could find someone who loved everything I hated about myself, let alone accept it.

No matter what happens with us it still gives me a bit of a new sense of hope. It really was darkest before dawn..

Hellhound

Super Moderator
You should always be honest with your friends. Tell her the truth. And tell her why you lied before. If she's a true friend, she will understand.

razzle dazzle rose

I like it when people follow up on old posts. I did not respond to the original post here but it is great you went with the truth. Sounds like things are working out beautifully for you two.

Gaucho

2/3 years ago i was chatting with this girl from holland, i was 16 or 17 and she was 22 i think. she had a boyfriend, but we were joking abut sex etc, i always complimented her. i knew i would never meet her, but it felt good to have some affection, something i never had, any a girl.. when the topic sex came out she told me she did have sex with 13 years. i told her, " thats very young " we continued talking and somehow she knew i was virgin, that was awful, i kept telling her that I'm not a virgin(she never believed me hahaha).
i remember how i came back from my **** fu cked up school a was hoping she was online on the msn. she was a nice girl and enlightened my dark days a little bit back then.