Thoughts about hurting people

recluse

I don't know if this is ocd, but i am afraid that i am going to get mad and hurt someone, i get obsessive thoughts like what if i end up turning into a wife/girlfriend beater, o'r a murderer? I also get thoughts that i am going to hurt my pet cats even though i love them more than anything.

I don't know if this makes sense to anyone?

YES!!! Especially in social situations, every time I find myself in one, my mind is immediately flooded with how I could possibly ruin it. And then I start to trip over my own words and act really anxious, because I'm scared of ruining it, and before you know it--the conversation is ruined anyway! I get the thoughts of hurting people too, and I'm scared I'll be locked in jail for the rest of my life, or that I'll just lose my mind and end up homeless on the streets, or that I'll do something that will mortally wound my reputation somehow, and I'll become a recluse, and then a serial killer, and then I'll burn in Hell.

It sucks. But at least you can take comfort in the fact that you're not alone.

Marie_knowsbest

9/10 the real threats are people who hurt people then think about it after, or even worse dont think about it after. when you just think about it...it usualy dont happen. i wouldnt worry yaself, we all get images of decking the shit out of someone from the office now n then lol just let it ride mate.