Tip for the day - write a life 'to do' now!

Over my summer hols, I listened to Tony Robbins - yes, I overloaded on american self-help. Some useful, some already forgotten. But...the one thing that I've really kept up is a weekly goals list.

I get so busy with my school todo list that I forget what's really important. So now, every sunday I write my new to do list. I have 7 columns with the goals, the reason why I want to meet the goal and the criteria to show I've met it.

Examples of my life Goals:
-To become an ‘outstanding’ teacher so that I know I’m giving the very best I can to my pupils and inspiring them to be passionate about learning and life.
-To become an author/entrepreneur, developing creativity and confidence in children, so that I can further my life’s purpose and live my dreams.
-To maintain a healthy, active lifestyle so that I can be the empowered, energetic, alive, confident, driven person I really am.
-To look forward to social situations, including public speaking so that I can be truly free to be myself – free from the fear that will hold me back no longer.
-To connect with friends and loved ones, giving to them as they give to me, because I know that this will enrich my life experience as well as theirs.

You get the message. Every week, I set myself 3 small tasks relating to each one of my seven goals. For example, if I'm looking at my healthy living goal I might set myself the task of running once, going to a class once, doing a dvd once.

I think for people who have SA and work full time, this is really important. I find it really easy to ignore my SA until the horrible panicked situations, and then just brush it under the carpet after the event. And well...NO! I don't want to live like that! So I have my tasks to do towards recovery every week - like maybe practising positive body language, or practising a speech, or practising talking to a parent...whatever. I think that even if you did one little thing per week towards helping rid yourself of SA, it's better that nothing. And if you did a tiny thing every day, just imagine where you'd be in a year.

If you're not into this idea, please feel free to ignore. If you're someone like me that loves to oganise, try it. I feel so good when I tick off my tasks - much better than ticking off a normal to do list- because these 'to dos' are life-changing! These things will change your life if you continue to do them. And that's what I tell myself...

*Amy*

To learn to speak Russian properly
To get rid of SA and not having any more trouble with public speaking or with any kind of relationships
To write an acceptable book and get it published
To read many books I have in my own list
To have more friends with whom to spend a nice time
To meet someone who loves me and whom I love too
To do some humanitarian work

AsTimeBurns

I've done millions of to-do lists or goal lists. But that's all they are..lists, i never do the things on them :/

*Roots around in My Documents*

Here's the goal list one I wrote a while ago:

10 Things I Want To Have Achieved By The Age of 25
1. Graduated with a 1st class degree - Done
2. Have a serious relationship - Eg. One that lasts more than 4 months
3. Get a book published
4. Volunteer abroad - Africa would be my first choice
5. Get fit and in good shape, so that I can play sports again
6. Learn another language
7. Have a stable, well paying job
8. Get my own dog - Beagle called Stanley
9. Get my own place to live - rented probably at first
10. Be happy

Got about a year left and i've done 1/10

haha! You guys rock. Very ambitious, and organised!

I'm really bad for writing to do lists - especially big life ones - but I never do anything about them. Kinda like new years resolutions...I look at them once a year. With this, I'm ticking stuff off every week. Even if I'm kidding myself, ignorance is bliss! :-D

Agent_Violet

hmmm...life list...

1.work out more...not to get thinner...just to be healthier
2.get to the next level in my piano playing efforts
3.learn to play the harp
4.be more disciplined about sending holiday cards
5.spend more quality time with husband
6.learn at least 1 new recipe a week
7.brush up on my Spanish...it will someday become the primary language in america afterall.

EscapeArtist

nice goals everybody. So many important and fulfilling things

1. Be happy and childlike
2. Learn to take a leadership role
3. Become a naturopath
4. Open people's eyes
5. Influence the world
6. Find a place and "family" of belonging
7. Feel love for everybody
8. Love without fear, and have friends to love
9. Feel connected to everything
10. Never stop improving

My top 10 list that i'll be doing the upcoming next years

Most important goals top 10

1.Get my first diploma and climb higher
2.Get a REAL job
3.Sing in a band or work with music producers and make it!
4.Get my drivers license
5.Get the opportunity to do an intership in another country
6.Get rid of my SA, hyperventilation/asthma and become a strong soul
7.Succesfully 'graduate' CBT/Mind fulness
8.Live on my own or live together with my girlfriend
9.Go on holiday to Canada
10.Find the acceptance I am seeking for in myself and be my own friend

Little goals
1.Grow my hair longer so I can wear a pony tail
2.Write a book, biography about my personal stories or write a fiction love story or science fiction
3.Dance in a pub without even caring and HAVING REAL FUN
4.Produce my own instrumentals/beats/tracks/demos
5.Give a public speech and keep presentations at school (still big hahah)

that's all i can think of for now

Section_31

1. Get out of the massive debt that im stuck in
2. Give my wife and me i nice home somewhere
3. Never stop trying in life, even when i feel like i have to.

MrJones

Goals.... not really I sure I have goals in sight, but to say something:

(short term)
1.Become an engineer (that is, finish college as soon as I can!)

(long term)
2.Change their lives for better to those who changed mine (karma doesn't exist so I want to do it myself)
3.Find true love and make her happy.
4.Raise a child with her and make him/her happy as well.
5.Help people in need.
6.Become a better person.
7.Be happy.

I'm not too naive, I don't think I could do it. That is not even a dream, it's just how I think things could be better.

Also, I would like to go live somewhere else. I always wanted to go to the USA or Canada, and the second one sounds more appealing, plus the only place I have direct references of is Toronto, and it sounds quite good. If only I could make it happen... (that could be in the short term list, after finishing college I have no idea what to do and starting a new life would things different, for good or bad).

u_name

2 Life goals:

1) Live on the outer edges of "the grid" with the only connection being the internet. This means living a largely self-sufficient life (growing my own food, etc)

2) Dig an underground room. Then after that room is complete, dig another room connected to it. I want 7 floors all stacked on top of each other. (I honestly don't understand why people build their buildings up instead of down. That's simply a waste of resources.)

# 1 more, almost forgot about this one because it's been on the back burner for so long

3) Understand the process of how an animal "learns", then reproduce the algorithm in a computer. (Already looked into Helen Keller's autobiography (she had a limited amount of senses but was still able to learn), and I've bought a few of Jean Piaget's books (he dedicated his life to studying the development of children))

Last edited:

AsTimeBurns

Damn i thought i was the only one with plans for underground rooms. I was going to dig it in the garden with a secret access panel in the shed, and get the TV and phone lines going down there so I can play Left 4 Dead in comfort underground, not having to worry about any real zombie apocalypses taking place above me.

Silatuyok

This one takes a lot of careful thought.

1. Be comfortable with who I am.
2. Become closer to the people who matter most to me.
3. Write and publish a book.
4. Have a successful relationship.
5. Get out of debt.

panicsurvivor

Over my summer hols, I listened to Tony Robbins - yes, I overloaded on american self-help. Some useful, some already forgotten. But...the one thing that I've really kept up is a weekly goals list.

I get so busy with my school todo list that I forget what's really important. So now, every sunday I write my new to do list. I have 7 columns with the goals, the reason why I want to meet the goal and the criteria to show I've met it.

Examples of my life Goals:
-To become an ‘outstanding’ teacher so that I know I’m giving the very best I can to my pupils and inspiring them to be passionate about learning and life.
-To become an author/entrepreneur, developing creativity and confidence in children, so that I can further my life’s purpose and live my dreams.
-To maintain a healthy, active lifestyle so that I can be the empowered, energetic, alive, confident, driven person I really am.
-To look forward to social situations, including public speaking so that I can be truly free to be myself – free from the fear that will hold me back no longer.
-To connect with friends and loved ones, giving to them as they give to me, because I know that this will enrich my life experience as well as theirs.

You get the message. Every week, I set myself 3 small tasks relating to each one of my seven goals. For example, if I'm looking at my healthy living goal I might set myself the task of running once, going to a class once, doing a dvd once.

I think for people who have SA and work full time, this is really important. I find it really easy to ignore my SA until the horrible panicked situations, and then just brush it under the carpet after the event. And well...NO! I don't want to live like that! So I have my tasks to do towards recovery every week - like maybe practising positive body language, or practising a speech, or practising talking to a parent...whatever. I think that even if you did one little thing per week towards helping rid yourself of SA, it's better that nothing. And if you did a tiny thing every day, just imagine where you'd be in a year.

If you're not into this idea, please feel free to ignore. If you're someone like me that loves to oganise, try it. I feel so good when I tick off my tasks - much better than ticking off a normal to do list- because these 'to dos' are life-changing! These things will change your life if you continue to do them. And that's what I tell myself...

Awesome!!! This type of motivation and and attitude will get you where you want to go. It's nice to see someone on here taking charge, and moving forward, rather than dwelling on the negative and despairing!!!!
Keep it up!!!!!:cool::cool::cool: