Tips

Overload

Fully accept yourself as you are, right at this moment, 100%. It's hard, but the feeling is amazing. It can best be described as bliss. I've felt it a few times, and I was content with whatever it is I was doing at the time. I was happy just doing nothing. It's a feeling of truly being alive. I've had this feeling with and without the use of drugs. Drugs don't give you this feeling, they only help you help yourself. Change cannot come unless you start from a positive place. Constantly reminding yourself of your flaws will keep you down.

In social situations, place your full attention on the words being spoken. Don't start looking too deeply into them for hidden meanings, and don't judge others based on what they're saying. Words exist for communication. Mean everything you say, and expect that others are doing the same. Don't make assumptions.

I've been alternating between a state of hell and bliss for some time now. The periods of hell have been the majority, but every time you reach that feeling of bliss, it gets easier and easier to get back to it.

NickyNacker

Yeah loving yourself is a big part of overcoming anxiety but I feel like it's easier said than done. Hopefully I will 100% one day

JamesSmith

Yeah loving yourself is a big part of overcoming anxiety but I feel like it's easier said than done. Hopefully I will 100% one day

I always thought we loved ourselves too much. Think about how focused we are on our self. A person with anxiety spends more time alone than most people in the world and do not share our thoughts and lives in the real world with other people as much as most other people do. That's very selfish. So is worrying about ourselves, which we tend to do a lot. We are self-centered egoists. We love ourselves more than most other people love themselves. What's funny is that many of us don't even like ourselves yet they still spend excessive amounts of time with themselves. Talk about a love-hate relationship, huh?

nice thread, good thoughts on social anxiety :)
being focussed on words being said in a social situation is a good thing,
not look for judgement, not look for opinions, just listen to what people are telling you, mostly it's positive. Don't think too much and just be focussed.
That's a good thing, hey ;) but still it's hard to control the overload of anxiety, but I think it's a good start! :)

DespairSoul

Yea i know this what i should do. Key is loving your self, but i cant love myself for this what i do to myself, i cant love myself because i cant looked myself. If i cant loves me others never will too. But if i will and they still will not thats mean nothing been changed actully only i switch negative to possitive and stop seeing what i see hidden meanings, but they are there and always will be but the magic is to dont pay attention to this and focusing.

Thank u nice thread and is great u can feel that way!:)

yeah being positive about your self and have this attitude will help a lot,
because we see our own negative aspects too much. I guess we should love ourself more,
that's the greatest love of all! (i like that whitney houston song:))

Last edited:

Phoenixx

Fully accept yourself as you are, right at this moment, 100%. It's hard, but the feeling is amazing. It can best be described as bliss. I've felt it a few times, and I was content with whatever it is I was doing at the time. I was happy just doing nothing. It's a feeling of truly being alive.
^ I actually tried this yesterday, and I can say that I was very happy most of the day. :) Sucks the negative thoughts started coming back as I was laying in bed last night. :/

I've been alternating between a state of hell and bliss for some time now. The periods of hell have been the majority, but every time you reach that feeling of bliss, it gets easier and easier to get back to it.
^ I've been feeling this too lately. I'll have days of feeling miserable and lousy and just overall hating myself. Then I'll have a day or two of nothing but pure happiness, only to feel misery yet again for the next few days. It's one heck of a rollercoaster.

Thanks for sharing those tips, Overload :)

NickyNacker

I always thought we loved ourselves too much. Think about how focused we are on our self. A person with anxiety spends more time alone than most people in the world and do not share our thoughts and lives in the real world with other people as much as most other people do. That's very selfish. So is worrying about ourselves, which we tend to do a lot. We are self-centered egoists. We love ourselves more than most other people love themselves. What's funny is that many of us don't even like ourselves yet they still spend excessive amounts of time with themselves. Talk about a love-hate relationship, huh?

That's an interesting thought/way to look at it, but I don't know, I think I disagree. I think we spend so much time on ourselves because we're too scared to deal with anyone else. That doesn't mean you love/like yourself. I know for a fact I ,unfortunately, dislike myself and am struggling to get to a place where I do love myself. That's just how I feel though.

JamesSmith

That's an interesting thought/way to look at it, but I don't know, I think I disagree. I think we spend so much time on ourselves because we're too scared to deal with anyone else. That doesn't mean you love/like yourself. I know for a fact I ,unfortunately, dislike myself and am struggling to get to a place where I do love myself. That's just how I feel though.

Yes, I agree that we spend so much time by ourselves because we are too afraid to be with others. I don't think we are choosing to be selfish, I think we are accidentally selfish. You don't have to have bad intentions to be selfish.