Tired of people not answering me

Moses199

80% of my online anxiety of conversation disappeared just from me forfully having conversations online. I had a job which forced me to converse with people online after sometime i noticed alot of my online conversation fears were gone. Later i found it this was because i was doing exposure without knowing.

Megaten

80% of my online anxiety of conversation disappeared just from me forfully having conversations online. I had a job which forced me to converse with people online after sometime i noticed alot of my online conversation fears were gone. Later i found it this was because i was doing exposure without knowing.

Do you have any tips in case a conversation dies?

As an update, Ive started to not answer people myself. Not just random people, but people that have consistently done it to me. Just about all my friends including my girlfriend will either take days to get back with me online or change the subject altogether without acknowledging what I said. I feel there is an uneven power balance in the relationships I have in life and Im determined to take it back.

PugofCrydee

You want to know how I got these scars?
Do you have any tips in case a conversation dies?

As an update, Ive started to not answer people myself. Not just random people, but people that have consistently done it to me. Just about all my friends including my girlfriend will either take days to get back with me online or change the subject altogether without acknowledging what I said. I feel there is an uneven power balance in the relationships I have in life and Im determined to take it back.

I make a point of doing just what you've said.

For the most part if people ignore/don't answer me, I do the same to them.

Marc7

What do you mean by doing exposure without knowing? I know it might be a dumb question.

Sacrament

Exposure without knowing in the sense that his job had him talking to other people in a scenario where he didn't need to force himself to do it, so he was doing self-therapiy without even knowing it.

Megaten

Exposure without knowing in the sense that his job had him talking to other people in a scenario where he didn't need to force himself to do it, so he was doing self-therapiy without even knowing it.

Thats pretty much what college has done for me now that I think about it. Professors force you to work in groups or at least with a partner so much. Then theres presentations you have to give or speaking to classmates about assignments if youre having trouble. Then that doesnt even take into account having to live in dorms if youre not a commuter. If i hadnt have started all of that, theres no way id have had the motivation to just go out and socialize on my own. The benefits to forming bonds with people are so far on the horizon that I have a hard time in my mind justifying why i should socialize and not just stay shut in.