Trouble with job interviews.

AquariusOutkast

Hello there! Many times I have ditched job interviews at the very last minute because I was so nervous and scared. And when they call me Im too scared to pick up the phone. My heart starts to pound and I kind of panic. Im even afraid to listen to my messages. Why am I so weird..

Legiac

Hey there! You have this problem too? Glad to see I'm not the only one. I'm 18 and I still haven't kept a steady job because of it... shit's weak.

Predacon

Yeah I've done that a few times, had a job interview then freaked myself out by what could go wrong and then just decided not to go. These days I try not to let it get to me and just focus on getting through the interview and out the otherside.

SilentType

Banned
Yeah i ended up just saying fuck traditional jobs and their interviews. At home jobs are where its at for us panic stricken ladies and gentleman.

Peace

xSleepy

Hey SilentType, ive been trying to find a stay at home job. but havent had any luck. what do you do?

Infected_Malignity

SilentType said:
Yeah i ended up just saying fuck traditional jobs and their interviews. At home jobs are where its at for us panic stricken ladies and gentleman.

Peace

Yeah, I can see that... but how do you expect to get over the problem? Social exposure is the greatest cure!

Chriswinnipeg

Yeah job interviews do suck. Your not the only one terrfied of job interviews. There are some easy job interviews though like the ones that only ask when can you work, and how much you want to get paid and are you bondable type of questions. It's just the tell me about yourself questions that suck. I just hope you get a job you like though that you would enjoy.

I graduate soon and are so scared of going to job interviews! I had one last ear and i was so nervous but the lady was really nice and although it didnt go that well i got the job (well i suppose it did but i thought id fucked it up!).

xSleepy

ive been on i think 4 interviews, even though it feels like a lot more. the first time was HORRIBLE. i sucked really bad. they asked questions that i had no idea how to answer. and plus i have a bad habbit of not smiling so i probably came off as a cold person.
so what you need to do is just practice interview questions out loud. search online for interview questions so you can get an idea of they will ask you. then write down your answers and practice them. that seems to help me a little, even though i sometimes forget what to say still. on my last interview i didnt know how to answer this on question and i was litterally starring at the interviewers desk for like 3 min before he said...you wanna skip that one and go back to it later??? it was soooo embarrissing. i was just sitting there with a blank stare. i felt very stupid afterwards.
and i think the question was.....describe to me a specefic situation where you had to take full responsibillity for something that went wrong.
i think interviews are just stupid. im a hard working, very motivated individual....isnt that enough??? dammit