True Detective....

AtTheGates

Banned
ok so I just watched the finale last night and my conclusion is that season 2 was pretty much terrible...especially compared to season 1....I really dont have much to say about my disapointment.

IMO, the best thing to come out of season 2 of True Detective was the folk singer Lera Lynn.....she has a beautifully somber voice.

I really liked the song of her's that was played in the season finale but I cant find it online.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DyEPnElVqmk

Last edited:

FountainandFairfax

in a VAN down by the RIVER
I started to watch the first episode a few weeks ago, heard the theme music, and shut it down. I had a bad feeling right then that it wasn't even going to come close to the sheer brilliance in entertainment that was season one.

AtTheGates

Banned
I started to watch the first episode a few weeks ago, heard the theme music, and shut it down. I had a bad feeling right then that it wasn't even going to come close to the sheer brilliance in entertainment that was season one.

yeah the intro song is lame, if thats what you're referring to.

but I first heard of Lera Lynn from her music being featured on season 2 and just thought she had a good voice....

also, iv just found out that the song of her's featured in the finale is called "lately" and its one of the best ones she did for the series...idk if its been posted anywhere online yet though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbKJt1NQtZE

Last edited:

Odo

Banned
I just binged the whole season over 3 days.

It wasn't as good as last season, it had some script issues and yes, the theme song wasn't great, but it wasn't as bad as people are saying.

The first half of the season wasn't great, but the second half was decent... and I thought episodes 6, 7 and 8 were fine.

I think the big mistake here was that they shoved all of the backstories into episode 1 so when the characters met up there weren't any surprises, and the whole season suffered because of it.

Last edited:

toowilling

Seriously, this new series is making my head hurt - in a positive, can't get off my seat and can't get my eyes off the television sort of way. I'm still on the first season, though. I started watching it when I subscribed to HBO GO. :thinking::thinking::thinking:

Exactly my same feeling. I just could not get enough and seems that I am so affected even after a few days!!! Is it just me?????