Try acting classes

AI_Butt

I lived with this problem of facial blushing for more than thirty years. Did try doctors, some stupid creams and psychotherapies. Nothing worked untill the last summer when I walked into a so-called church of scientology. Being new to North America, I was just curious as to what this 'church' was all about? Fortunately for me, the guy on desk didn't have time to answer my questions so he handed me a video to watch, on site. While the video was not convincing enough for me to think of 'conversion' to scientology, one of its arguments did strike me and that was 'you can reduce your stress level by experiencing the stress-intiating stimulus again and again'.
It might not be true for all, but I knew that the glare of others eyes is strongest kick that iniated my blushing problem. So I decided to face it head on: I joined an acting school. Though my 'debut' appreance was probably the most difficult exprience, in a matter of few weeks I gained so much confidence that I could face any crowd, how big be it.
Though situations like extreme anger or annoyance still bring up the hot flush, I can safely say that I have overcome the problem for most of the usual situations.
I do understand that this might not be an 'across-the-board' solution, still it is worth trying. Give it a shot and good luck.

prince1

Geeze anything to do with crowds makes me panic, i think i could either make it better or make it worse depending on your experiance. I wouldnt dare go to drama class anyway, infact any classes.

rado31

It is the way how u percieve the whole situation. If your perception is
(to say)wrong (you are obsessed with it), then most likely you would have problem with the next situation.

Winter

i wish i could have the courage to go to acting classes. i used to do drama until i got this chronic blushing & SA :cry:

MelissaQu

I've heard of that, and I tried joining a workshop group to combat public speaking and other things. I went to the free class and couldn't go back again because I blushed when I had to introduce myself. Other people blushed too, I don't know why I kicked myself so hard on that one.

But even my therapist wanted me to join an improv group, couldn't do it. One day I will do something challenging though, thanks for that story.