TV Programmes that cheer you up

SaharaWorld

What TV programmes cheer you up and/or help take your mind off your problems for a short while???

Here is my list:------>

Friends: - love the humour, the characters, even their stupidity and silliness, e.g. Ross's outbursts and girlie shrieks ;)

Simpsons: Homer

X Factor: light-hearted, entertaining show, just we need to remind us not to take life so seriously.

Eastenders: 'No matter how bad your life is, there's always someone out there who has it worse' - Eastenders is proof of that. I like the Mitchels, Kat, Stacey, and Nana Moon.

Home & Away: exceptionally good looking characters, stunning in fact... . Nice Australian accents. Great, easy-going life-style....beaches etc.

redlady

I love The Simpsons - South Park - Little Britain - Black Books (English Comedy period!) - Myth Busters - Kath and Kim - Spicks and Specks (Australian Gameshow) All of these shows cheer me up when i watch them - without failure!

ShadowCat

I like South Park, The Golden Girls, Seinfeld, Family Guy, various anime shows, and Looney Toons, but I don't get Boomerang so I hardly get to see Looney Toons. I miss watching Bugs Bunny, Cartoon Network made a big mistake cancelling that show. It's far better than the crap that they have on now. It was a funny show when I was younger and now that I'm older, it's funny in different ways too. It's a great show, timeless.

redlady

We are in a Black Books and Little Britain drought at the moment - i hope they return soon. Yeah, shows tend to do that - come out strong and then end a little slow - Seinfeld had the right idea. On Little Britain - i love the 'tarty' blonde female character that the bigger guy plays. Tell me that he still plays her in the new series.

Edit: Whoops, pardon me - i forget to say hello to you Ice Queen - "Hello" :D

magda74

I like this new show called Kenny vs. Spenny on Showcase. It's about 2 friends who have all these contest in order to try and best eachother. It's zany and wonderful and it makes me belly laugh. Daily Show, MXC (totally goofy), the comedy network for the standup and Life's Weird Homes. The last one's a guilty pleasure, I feel like I'm with my peeps.

Lightcloud

I love Reality TV, not sure why, but I love it. Especially Survivor, Big Brother, American Idol. They're so bad, they're good. I like several of the reality shows on MTV too. I guess I'm a reality TV junkie. Laguna Beach is another one of my faves, I'm not much of an OC fan. :lol:

I also enjoy Family Guy to no end, and I used to love the show Touched By An Angel (on CBS), before it like retired or whatever. I would be a 24 addict, except I can't always watch the episodes every week that they're on, so it ruins the point of watching because of the continued plot.

Tseng

I don't really watch that much tv. Recently I've mostly been watching M.A.S.H, but I don't have sky anymore :(. Other than that I watch alot of anime, just got the Record of Lodoss War DVD collection so I'll be working my way though that when I get the time.

jamez

I've been watching a lot of tv shows recently, im not so sure they cheer me up or anything but here's the list:
- South Park
- Family Guy
- The O.C
- One Tree Hill
- Everybody Hates Chris
- My Name Is Earl

justsomebloke25

I like Arrested Development....it's so insane and non-stop funny. Scrubs........the simpsons..oh, and broken news is on tonight which is pretty good

PhantomPod

Gilmore Girls!! It's my fave show and it puts me in an instant happy mood whenever it's on. :D

I also like It Takes A Thief and Myth Busters on the Discovery Channel, as well as The Amazing Race and The Apprentice for reality shows.

the_recluse

*clears throat* this could take a while.....

Spaced, black books, adam and joe, peep show, father ted, red dwarf, marion and geoff, never mind the buzzcocks, look around you, the mighty boosh (going to see them live, yay!),family guy, futurama, little britain, scrubs, my family, only fools and horses, phenoix nights, gimme gimme gimme....i could probbly go on too. I watch way too much comedy.