UK the worst place in the world!

lifes_to_long

today i litrally spent the day on google earth and reading this really cool travel book ive got and it was brought to my attention that england and the uk in general has to be the most boring place in the world....

i wanna be on an island with palm trees and beaches fishing on my little boat living in a little hut made of tree wood....lol tree wood not that other type, with a fire.like the film The Beach.all i know is if i had any money I'd literally go...i kno money doesnt equal happiness but if i had some it would shore be nice.make donations through you paypal account now.lol i wish.But seriously if any one wants to lend me like £1000 id quite happily except, or you could just tell me where you wanna go the things you wanna see and lots lots more.......

Quixote

I've lived in the UK for a little and I thought it was a pretty nice place to be. Especially all the little single houses instead of our ugly apartment blocks.

Also, being a Briton can be advantageous, as most people around the world tend to see you through a generally positive stereotype. As long as you are not coming to see a football match of course :wink:

Y

Lol, thats wierd, cos if someone asked me "where would you wanna be born if you had the choice" id say England without thinking, i love English people, first of all they are beautiful generally, compared to Turkish at least :p, with white skin (not ruined with sun), smooth body and face, like Collin Firth, hes the most adorable man alive...

And i watch bbcprime a lot, i love most of the sitcoms there, you have a good sense of humour (anyone know "my hero", its the funniest series ive ever watched)

Plus it rains a lot there which i love, so id love to be living in UK.

Though i heard from my cousin that English food sucks (she lives in London), she told me that you guys FRY FRUITS!!? Thats insane! Baked banana? lol, and you use orange juice, honey, such sugary things with salty food, like baking fish with honey, aaaawwww that must suck :p

IceLad

I think every country has its pros and cons.

Despite some of the things I would love to change, I like living in the UK- the temperate climate suits me (rarely too hot or too cold), it has an abundance of heritage, it is a multi-cultural society, and the food is good.

qipuqipu

It's probably because I've lived here all my life, and haven't had too many standout happy memories, that I find England terribly dull. Maybe I'm looking through grey tinted spectacles... maybe it's because I grew up in Woking :) ... but everything in this country seems bland, bland, bland. Reminds me of that 'going out for an English' sketch - "I'll have the blandest thing on the menu." :D Whenever I'm on the continent, I feel as if I'm in a place that's friendlier, the streets are cleaner, the buildings are nicer... it's all silly things like that, but I get the impression that somebody actually gives a shit about this place.

scatmantom

hey!!!!

I have lived in England for my whole life, and while it does have its problems I love it here!!!! England has such differnt parts to it, Ive lived in London and in the north and both places have been cool. London costs a fortune tho!!!!!!

maude_lynn

I lived in England for several months last year and I miss it terribly!

You want to talk about dull? Try visiting Canada! :lol:

kelly101

I think that what it all comes down to in the end is this: You could live anywhere in the world be it the most beautiful and happening place, but it's what you make of it. If you're feeling down, sad, depressed agoraphobic...etc. then no matter how good the food or the place is it can still seem like the most desolate and boring place in the world.

I know this from experience. I actually moved many times to get away from it all and start a new life. Only just a short time ago did I realize that it was me who had to change.

I know it's hard to ignore all the people who have no concept of what we're going through and most of the time no use trying to explain it to them. Over time I learned to not tell anyone about my problems. The only ones that I shared it with were people in forums and with close friends who were willing to take the time and effort to understand what I have to go through every day. Talking it this way has helped me a lot.

About labeling us as having problem, well you know how people are even us... It is much easier to put a label on someone, than trying to find out what it is that they may be suffering from.

Kelly

coriander1992

I have lived in many different places, and I prefer them ALL to UK :lol:
I think its the attitudes of the people, and the busy, hectic life styles that I don't like about UK. :?

prince1

I hate living in the uk, or atleast i think i do. I dont like the football type hooligan people they scare me and theres loadz who live near me 8O I dont like the cold either :p .

Drew

maude_lynn said:
You want to talk about dull? Try visiting Canada! :lol:

You forgot to mention the -20 to -40C degree weather in January and February. Woke up this am to -22C. Later in the week will be -25 to -30C. :(

random

Aw but I loved England when I visited. THe heritage - the beauty of the place. And you get to drive on the left side of the road there ;
We rented a car for our trip through England and, in a rain storm, we pulled off to stop and look at a small church. This church had a little stained glass window that was said to have been there for about 600 years. I remember looking through it and wondering who else had done so 600 years ago. We don't have that here.
For the record - I also loved Canada when I was there. I've only traveled around the west coast of Canada (BC and Vancouver Island) but I loved it - so beautiful. It's hard to remember the cold there because I traveled there on warmer occasions.

I suppose I agree with the person who posted something to the effect that it doesn't matter how beautiful it is if you are unhappy - I was just scolding myself for complaining about where I live (so very hard to find good work here) now as, in the past, I have lived in places where it was desolate and hard to find work and one day I may have to return to those places to find work etc.

A man who worked in the cafeteria at my workplace quit his job to open a skydiving school - it makes me think that we have to create our own excitement. I haven't quite figured out how to do that.......

The only thing England has going for it is the countryside and rural areas. I think I want to get out of this country when i'm older.

cobalt_bluester

New Zealand

I would like to move to somewhere much quieter and prettier. I like the thought of moving to New Zealand as the population is much lower and it's extremely beautiful out there. :)

cobalt_bluester

Pinker said:
The only thing England has going for it is the countryside and rural areas. I think I want to get out of this country when i'm older.

I would love to get out of this country as it's just too busy, with too many people. I just don't feel as though there is any time to 'chill'.

arghhh

kelly101 said:
. I actually moved many times to get away from it all and start a new life. Only just a short time ago did I realize that it was me who had to change.

Kelly

Thats exactly myself..I have moved 27 times all to different areas.. Ive had enough of it and now I have found out about myself and the social phobia I had never even heard of... I can start to try to change things.

arghhh

kelly101 said:
. I actually moved many times to get away from it all and start a new life. Only just a short time ago did I realize that it was me who had to change.

Kelly

Thats exactly myself..I have moved 27 times all to different areas.. Ive had enough of it and now I have found out about myself and the social phobia I had never even heard of... I can start to try to change things.

eggbe4thechicken

like baking fish with honey
The tastiest thing ever! :)

Apple sauce with meat too is nice. Do they have that in America?

Anywho,
I think it's harder living in the UK with SP. I really do. English people are renowned at being very secretive, and not talking about things, and asking personal questions is a no no. I would like someone to ask me questions, I wouldn't be able to start a convo about myself, but if someone asked me it might be better. Plus if I had been brought up to talk easily about myself things may have been different. :(

Waybuloo

I can't believe the weather here in England at the moment. Having spent the whole winter here and then come back for the summer but instead I'm faced with wintry rainy weather every day. the other day the sun came out and I was shocked. I miss Australia.

I do think the English people have measured friendliness, in that they take an interest in you to be polite but don't push it. They have an interest in cultures and food but there's just not enough variety of good food around. I have trouble buying basic necessities here, there's barely any choice.

It is an unique place in terms of history and the buildings attest to that, I especially like the churches. They bring out the old lady in me.