Unable to Leave Home

Imaginary

I'm 22 years old, and still afraid to live alone and independently. Ok, now I straighten, I'm an almost unemployed, still living with parents, and always served by the parents. Actually I was out from school and vacuum for over a year, my mother always see me sitting in front of my PC, play games, and a sleep, and she wanted me to go back to University, I want to start and improve my life, I think this is an opportunity, but for this I have to go abroad and live alone in another city, because in the town where I live is very expensive cost for entering the University.

I'm very worried if I'll have to live alone and do nothing alone, and I will really miss my family, even when I was in home I was happy and I always hoped to be alone, and it doesn't matter if I go into something strange place to travel and live alone for a while, but for this, should in the long term.

Do you think, if I should start this, and learn to live independently? What do you feel when first you decided to live alone!?

rosen

You've probably heard this a thousand times, but it is a big truth that sometimes, even more often than that, we have to take risks and go against what we fear. This is how we build up confidence. It's normal to be afraid how you will manage, that you'll miss the family and all... But you can take your chances and try out a new life, for at least a year or two, see how that goes for you. At the least, you would have build up some useful experience, got to know yourself better. I'm on my own for a year and a half now and I don't regret it, though I dropped out of college. I've definitely grown up a bit. I assure you there's nothing to lose. Go for it!