Uncontrollable Fear

thugaveli

Recently i went for some blood tests and i knew that going to give blood would be a traumatic event to say the least

When i was waiting in the waiting room i were surprisingly calm and joking about with my mum because she kept telling me to take my coat off lol and i wouldnt so i made some funny looks at her

Anyhow they called my name and still i didnt panic i was calm and content, i sat down and the procedure was over within 20 seconds?

About a minute after it was all over and done with i had this absolute fear that i'd had something metal (the needle) inside one of my veins and then i looked towards the lights on the ceiling and my vision went white and flashes of lightning appeared, i started to panic but didnt tell the nurse until about a minute later because i was hoping it would go but it just got worse so she layed me back and i were sweating and i couldnt talk i felt completey silenced

She said my face had gone all white and after id come round a bit she said it might be because id not eaten anything before hand

Id like to think that i dont fear the needle, the pain of the needle does not cause anxiety, it was the thought that something metal had gone inside my vein

Do you think me passing out was caused by my thoughts? or by me not having anything to eat or both contributing

Im like it with the dentist, im fine he pulls the tooth out and im just about ready to get up and go and i pass out i have this surge of adrenalin i hate it when it happens

87Camaro

Hey man, yeah i can defenaly relate to that, i have no fear whatsoever of the needle itself or the pain, but every time i go i worry and think that there is going to be air in the needle and its going to get inside my veins.

rado31

When i was taking contact glasses, 1 year ago for the first time,
i became so pale and numb that oftamologhist asks me -what it is- , i ve just replied -i m just like that- , but i felt panicky untill i left the place.

My worst fear is the fear of immobility, Due a strange cause i was immobile in some awful situations in my life . During a massive protests , i was immobile for 2 months. And i had i screwed ancle during bombing of my city.