Unusually crappy morning...

Phoenix_Elite

I was having a pretty crappy day ever since I got to school when, after deducing that I was not invited to one of my colleague's birthday party last Saturday (not even given a call), I came to the epiphany that I was rapidly losing some of my friends, those which I really liked to hang out with (another one got his first girlfriend and barely talks to me anymore). Regardless, I didn't let it get to me. But after breakfast in the cafeteria I washed my hands, but noticed that they didn't dry up; not after half an hour, nor after an hour.

Now this was really depressing, because I've been taking 4 mg of Robinul every morning, an hour before eating for a few weeks and it was working out like a miracle. I mean, I think I knew, deep inside, that it would have residual effects, but that was the end of the line for me. My eyes started to well up, though I controlled it because I didn't want to be embarassed in front of everyone to top it all.

Everyone's probably gone through it, one of those unbearable times where everything that's wrong in your life hits you with a deadly blow, and you just feel unbelievably miserable. And to us hyperhidrosis sufferers, where we just want to schedule an appointment to get ETS as soon as possible and get rid of it for good, no matter the side effects.

Anyway I called my grandma to pick me up, telling her I didn't feel well (I wasn't sick, but I actually didn't feel well at all), and here I am now. I feel a lot better but I'm worried that history might repeat itself as soon as tomorrow morning. I want to up the dosage to 6 mg, but I know my mother wouldn't approve no matter what I told her. I don't even know why: we went to the cardiologist and he told me my heart was fine, and there shouldn't be any significant side effects spurred by the pill, and still she persists. I know she's just trying to look out for me, but I just can't seem to make her realize how life-ruining this condition is for me.

Aside from the above rant, I wanted to ask if anyone else has been through my experience; Robinul working for a few weeks and one day being ineffective. If so, what did you do? Did you up the dosage? Is there a certain pattern that has worked out for you? I'm also using aluminum chloride every night, although quite frankly I doubt this is helping. By the way, I suffer from palmar, plantar and axillary hyperhidrosis, although the only one I really care about is the palmar type, even though my feet probably sweat more.

Well, I love this board for its users' moral support, but in any case I'm gonna keep up the usual dosage and see how it goes tomorrow.

Always hoping for the best,

- Phoenix_Elite

hyp-hi

Hey Phoenix, I'm sorry to hear about your bad day. Did your hands dry up once you got home?

I've been taking Robinul for a while and while it seems to help most days, there are times where it seems to be not as effective for some reason, but usually its not a huge problem.

6mg at a time seems like a lot. I think you should stick to the recommended dosage. I know you want it to be more effective, but 4mg at a time should be fine. If you do want to take more, you should probably get the ok from a doctor or pharmacist.

Phoenix_Elite

Hey thanks for the reply. Yeah, my hands dried up when I got home and they barely sweat afterwards. When I'm an adult I suppose I'll need to work in a calm, relaxed environment to lessen the possibility of sweating. For now though, I'll have to try to deal with it, and hope that it works tomorrow. :)