Very strange reading OCD

Geo

Now this isn't ruining my life or anything just wanted to share this weird habit I have. Basically if I'm reading something I would count the number of words in a sentence and try to divide it by 2. If I can, great, if not I become temporarily depressed and try to add another word while reading it so it can be divided by 2. Haha I think it's ridiculous and just wanted to share it (surely nobody else does this?)

GraybeardGhost

Believe it or not, I do almost exactly the same thing sometimes. For me, the number doesn't necessarily have to be divisible by two, but it must be divisible by some small integer. Threes and fours are nice. Large primes really bug me. I don't do this all the time, but when I do, it takes me several times longer to read whatever I'm supposed to be reading than usual. It's utterly pointless and a complete waste of time, but I do it nonetheless. Don't know why. :idontknow:

Geo

Believe it or not, I do almost exactly the same thing sometimes. For me, the number doesn't necessarily have to be divisible by two, but it must be divisible by some small integer. Threes and fours are nice. Large primes really bug me. I don't do this all the time, but when I do, it takes me several times longer to read whatever I'm supposed to be reading than usual. It's utterly pointless and a complete waste of time, but I do it nonetheless. Don't know why. :idontknow:

Haha I actually smiled reading this cause I know I'm not alone. Gee these OCD things can be pretty quirky.

@above: Yeah but it's not harmful enough to really do something about. In fact it..kinda amuses me.

ImNotMyIllness

Haha I actually smiled reading this cause I know I'm not alone. Gee these OCD things can be pretty quirky.

@above: Yeah but it's not harmful enough to really do something about. In fact it..kinda amuses me.

I don't find OCD amusing. If it stays at that level great but with OCD, you never know. I like to try to nip it in the bud.

I'm glad to hear that at least you're not suffering. :)

cowboyup

I don't have this while reading books, but I do the 'numbers' thing when I am, for example, at a stoplight, and I stare at the other person's license plate number/letter combo. I also do this weird thing with birth dates, and other 'number and/or letter' combos. The diving by __ is common with me as well.

hmm...now, I'll probably try this with the book I am reading, Thanks for idea! LOL - JK