Ways to Unwind

Karail

Hi All, I am new here and i thought since my first thread was just me introducing myself i would start another that was a little more constructive.

We all have really bad days where everything seems to go wrong and each person has a way to unwind and regroup in there own company. Whats urs?

I usually find going for a drive, listening to loud music, watching a happy film or even meditating when my mind is really active can help me calm down a bit.

Bexi

i listen to music alot, ive also just started painting, im not very good but who gives a rat's arse? Also, i spend time with my family, play with bella (the dog), talk to friends online, read books and daydream about the guy i fancy...swoon :D

Karail

lol i spend most of my work day dreaming about 1 thing or another. I like the idea of painting, whats sort of stuff do you paint?

Bexi

well i literally just bought som acrylic paints, so i havent actually painted anything yet with them, but am gona do som 2moro, i mite paint my dog, or my moods! hehe coz it changes day-to-day! Somtimes in councelling i'd draw instead of talking when i felt real anxious, its a good form of expression, coz somtimes i just can't find the words! x i'm a total daydreamer, i can't ever concentrate! x :D

paul

I wish I could drive but I'm only 13 :roll:

Sometimes, I organize things, strange but it helps me. Listening to music also seems to help me a lot.

However if I'm feeling very negative, I sometimes write an IM to somebody complaining bitterly about a certain group of people (usually people with confidence haha) but then I never end up sending it. Still, it makes me feel better.

redlady

Bexi wrote:

x i'm a total daydreamer, i can't ever concentrate! x

Me too - i have to find a way to focus my mind.
I like to listen to music as well and watch funny or pleasant movies, so i can have a bit of a laugh and get myself in a bit of a better mood. I also exercise - just on a treadmill - it always makes me feel better afterwards.

SPECTACULAR

I learnt this thing few days ago. Grab a pillow and start screaming in it. get everything out of you in that pillow, curse at any person you ever wanted to curse at. Cry if you could. That really helps me!
I learnt it from Lilo & Stitch movie, i really liked it.

redlady

SPECTACULAR Wrote:

Grab a pillow and start screaming in it. get everything out of you in that pillow, curse at any person you ever wanted to curse at. Cry if you could.

I'm too repressed to even do that - might force myself to do it at some stage to see if it does anything for me - sounds delightfully cathartic.

Karail

i am definatly gonna try exersize, i need to loose the beer belly anyway. the shouting into a pillow idea sounds good to, but my pillow has never done anything to deserve the abuse i would give it.

Whisper

I listen to my favourite music, read a book, write in my journal, go out for a walk, play games on my computer, or I watch TV.

IcanDoIt

Karail said:
i am definatly gonna try exersize, i need to loose the beer belly anyway. the shouting into a pillow idea sounds good to, but my pillow has never done anything to deserve the abuse i would give it.

one tip for the belly buddy..

change your diet plan.. :D

Kezada

listen 2 eminem, nas or 2pac i get propa inspired and then i write ma own lyrics. press ups is gd or goin 4 a jog, erm rob ma local newsagents na jkz. eat marsh mellows, blast sum bob marley, fink thats it

kezada

aoao

I wish I could drive but I'm only 13
i wish i would have recognized my social phobia when i was closer your age.. you still so have so much growing and learning to do. T_T that's probably about the time my SP/SA was triggered, i started dressing all gothic and drinking and smoking weed.. smoking weed had by far the worst effect on my condition, and i wish i would have never even tried it, let alone smoke it for five years :?