Weird and Dumb fear!

gsmax5

I have a really weird fear and I want to know if anyone has something similar.

***I'm going to be extremely honest, and a little bit graphic. Please don't call me a weirdo for my problem. ::(: Anything I mention is completely serious, and NOT exaggerated/madeup ***

I'm actually terrified of myself. For example:

* I have NO sexual attraction to really young kids, but I still have an irrational fear that I might rape them. I know this sounds stupid, but I've avoided rooms with young kids because I just think about how horrible it would be if that happened. Again, I'm NOT a pedo, and I have ABSOLUTELY NO SEXUAL ATTRACTION TO YOUNG KIDS!!!

* If I'm at school, in a room with a bunch of girls, I'm scared that I might go off on a rampage and start grabbing them.

* When I hold a really sharp knife, I'm afraid that I will later start to cut my eyes out. I am not suicidal/self-destructive; I'm just simply terrified of it happening.

* I absolutely cannot sit next to the emergency door on an airplane, because I can't stop thinking about what might happen if I open the door!

The list goes on, but most of the other things are related to the mentioned things.

Is this OCD, or something worse/different? Does anyone else have similar problems?

Last edited:

Danfalc

Banned
Is this OCD, or something worse/different? Does anyone else have similar problems?

I think its ocd,ive never personaly suffered with it so im no expert.But i recently read a thread on here where people were also having simlar irrational fears.So im pretty sure it is ocd!

I think its important to remember they are irrational,its not like you want to actualy act on them.I guess there called intrusive for a reason :) But yeah again im no expert so i guess its easy for me to sit here and be rational about it.But for what its worth your totaly not a weirdo or a pedo...its not like you get any enjoyment out of the thoughts or anything.

gsmax5

Thanks Danfalc, for the good advice, that was really comforting.

Last edited:

getbornagain

These are all very common OCD fears and thoughts. You definitely have OCD.

You are naturally a worst-case scenario thinker, who when presented with certain stimuli get a disturbing worst-case intrusive thought. Your inability to shake these thoughts off is OCD.

If this continues to disrupt your life don't be afraid to get help for it. But just always remember, before you ever debated any of that shit is who you truly are; the OCD is all lies. Don't ever let the OCD win.

gsmax5

These are all very common OCD fears and thoughts. You definitely have OCD.

You are naturally a worst-case scenario thinker, who when presented with certain stimuli get a disturbing worst-case intrusive thought. Your inability to shake these thoughts off is OCD.

If this continues to disrupt your life don't be afraid to get help for it. But just always remember, before you ever debated any of that shit is who you truly are; the OCD is all lies. Don't ever let the OCD win.

Thanks getbornagain, that was also really helpful.

Joolin

Oh man.. You just described me to a tee! Whenever I'm on a bridge, I always have a slight urge to jump; whenever I'm holding something fragile I have an urge to throw; whenever I have a knife I have an urge to stab/cut myself or someone near me; basically my mind's always coming up with rather morbid 'what if' scenarios.

I think everyone has this to a certain extent as I've heard similar things from people a lot less bent than I am but I also think that I - and apparently you too - have it to an abnormally high degree.

anomicdeer

I think everyone has this to a certain extent as I've heard similar things from people a lot less bent than I am but I also think that I - and apparently you too - have it to an abnormally high degree.

I agree. Sometimes I have thoughts in my head and I don't want to think about it but I do anyways.

Morgan01

sounds like ocd I've thought of pretty much all those exact thoughts and worse except not grabbing girls but probably just because that isn't really a fear of mine so you're not alone. coming to this site when I am feeling really anxious helps kind of