Weird or what?

hollaholla

I assume I have SAD but it's really strange. I'll tell you how I feel. I'm 18 1/2 and a guy. This all started in my early 16s. I have had and still do have very stressful live events. At first when I started getting this weird things in my head, I thought that everybody is looking at me when I do something (especially) such as eating in front of others etc., judging me, and I started having safety behaivors and some avoidances. I also become very shy in front of pretty girls around 15 and still am but the shyness got better but I haven't had a girlfriend or got laid and I have very few friends, not that I'm afraid to make any, it's impossible to have friends where I live because people just stay with their race/nationality. About several months ago I realized that everything I feel is irrational and started confronting everything I felt not scared but I can say very uncomfortable doing (never had any fears) and I feel a better now and got no more avoidances or safety behavoirs but still have this tendency that I think everyone looks at me. I do talk to people all the time, maybe if there's a group of people I just met or a new persion I may be a little nervous such as I feel like I'm gonna blush just a bit but that passes in less then a minute and I become a talking machine since I almost always get comfortable with people. Almost everyone I meet likes me and I am an attractive guy. I go to night clubs by myself, feel kinda nervous when I do but nothing really, am not scared to speak publicly, actually like too. Got a job and everyone knows me. Worst problem is I'm too shy to talk to hot girls and they look at me and want me to come over and I just fuck it all up. I even got nervous (sweat a bit, heart pounds a bit, muscle get a bit tense) when I pass by a group of hot girls. Sux dick! Is this some form of SAP or really weird stuff caz I really don't care what others think of me, and I can say I'm social, but I read quite a bit about SAD and a lot of my symptoms match.

palenikana

I know how you feel about talking to some attractive women. I struggle very much trying to act cool and not blush, sweat, or act nervous. What I do is basically turn to alcohol, so I can feel at ease. Luckily you are able to speak in comfort in public settings. Good thing you recognize these symptoms now so you can be able to fix them easier. I never knew what social phobia was until 5 years ago when I started college, and I wish I could have had help much earlier. Because you know, I was always told that it would go away naturally and everyone experiences it. Good thing you recognized your symptoms and are doing something about it.

hollaholla

Well I haven't taken any meds or been to a psychiatrist yet but if I could beat that fucking shyness from girls, I wouldn't really care too much about the other weirdness since we all got problems! And try not to use alcohol for social settings, just try try try without it and behave the way you are on it maybe it could work, don't want you to be a drunk :p

It's the same as speaking to an ugly girl or a guy...

First you must realize that hot girls are just girls
many of them think there is something wrong with them, have things they hate about themselves and etc. a lot of them are insecure...
When a girl comes up to you, think of these things, take a deep breath and say hello, ask her name and perhaps offer her something to drink (if you're in a bar or something)....
If you have to come to them, do the same just say 'hi, my name is ....' she'll tell you her name.

A lot of people get scared by the looks of someone, but most people especially young people still are insecure about their looks

worrydoll said:
ummm yeah coulda...exploiting a chicks insecurities is a great start. nice one. not.

it's not exploiting at all. I never said anything like this. I said these are just girls, not perfect humans... they also have their insecurities and if he knows this it might help him if he wants to talk to her.

hollaholla

First of all, I don't know what prevents me from talking to a hot girl!? I don't have any negative feelings about myself or anything, I really don't like to brag and am not conceeded or anything but I'm very confident with my looks and I never think that she is better then me in any way, I really don't know what's up!