Wet socks and other things

JustG

Hi,

I was a member years ago but forgot my username etc. I'm still struggling with generalised HH but mainly hands and feet, with my feet being the main issue.

Hope people can help me with some questions/issues and as you probably all know HH starts to grind you down.

I've read people talk about wearing socks whilst doing Ionto. Does this work and which type of socks are best? My plantar HH extends to ankles.
I'm using an idromed 5GS - what settings would people recommend for this when wearing socks.

On a related note. What type of shoes/socks do people recommend wearing for different situations ie dress shoes for work, everyday shoes

I'm in UK and hoping to speak to my doctor about Robinul, does anyone have any advice as to how to go about doing this.

Finally, and thanks for the patience. I've noticed that my HH gets very bad when anxious, especially my feet. This leads to my shoes getting wet and although my feet don't smell my shoes end up smelling and this makes me really anxious/paranoid.It all becomes one big vicious circle. I also think this may be leading to a fungal infection as my toenails are starting to discolour.

Would be glad to hear anyone with advice on this situation, both regarding medicines and general tips.

Thanks for reading and hopefully someone can be of help. Trying to soldier on but most of the time I want to be a hermit.

hyp-hi

I have not tried wearing socks with plantar ionto but I suppose as long as the water is in contact, it will help transmit the pulse.

For the prescription, in my case I just explained to my doctor that a lot of people have had success with Robinul in treating HH and that I wanted to try it.

For socks, I just wear cotton ankle socks. For shoes, I love the Rockport Eureka shoe. It is a leather shoe so probably not the most breathable, but I find it to be very comfortable and can be worn for work or casual.

To help get rid of shoe smell, I recommend sprinkling a generous amount of baking soda in the shoes and make sure it covers the inside. Let it sit overnight. Then vacuum it out with a vacuum cleaner extension and clean up the outside to get rid of any left over powder. I find this help pretty well with getting rid of the smell.

etsveteran

You should try natural materials such as bamboo and silver added socks. I found some benefit from tourmaline socks I got here --

unusualsocks.com

JustG

Thanks etsveteran. Recently bought some "silver" socks from a local department store but they don't seem the best.
Will look into the site you mentioned. Not having much luck with ionto despite increased sessions, so any help welcome.

anxietyalways

Made a username some time ago but basically new to this forum, giving ionto another go after 2 failed attempts in years passed.

Still using a homemade device. Has anyone actually had success doing plantar treatments with the socks? I feel like I have to fill my pans with so much water because my feet sweat on the tops of my toes, well up the sides, and parts of the tops of my feet.

My goal is to be able to wear heels, sandals, etc without worry. I know it sounds vain but as a girl in the summer it’s just an uphill battle every year.