What about GOD, Can he help?

Prescious

What do you guys think? Do you think that God can help us?
I mean I grew up in the church and all but at the same time, I also grew up
in a dysfunctional family as well. But in anycase, I grew up in the church and the bible teaches that what we are dealing with is not flesh and blood but it is an evil spirit. But although I believe that what we are dealing with is indeed an evil spirit, I still have not seen any improvement. So that makes me believe that the church DOES NOT have it all right. And that prayer IS NOT enough. That we have to actually do something to help ourselves on top of prayer. Maybe take some prescribed medications, like what I am on. I am currently taking Zoloft for depression and anxiety and Seroqual for Bipolar anxiety. Maybe try to do some positive thinkings or something. I don't know but all I know is that from my experience, prayer is not enough. What about you guys? Has anybody had any success with God and prayer and church by itself?

phoenix1

I hear that leeches do a good job of getting rid of evil spirits.

I honestly dont mean to criticize anyone's personal belief, but common, evil spirits? What century is this?

We are who we are because of how our brains have decided to react to the world around us. hyper-sensitive perhaps, hyper-reactive perhaps. Infested with evil spirits? ..probably not.

Medication should not be taken lightly either. Its not a cure and can make it more difficult later on.

If prayer is your thing, then thats fine, but try not to think of yourself as evil or anything along those lines. It makes recovery that much harder.

Prescious

Thanks for your reply however I know that I am not evil. I am just saying that the bible teaches that we are not fighting social anxiety for example. But principalities and powers and the rulers of the darkness of this world.
I am only repeating what the bible says. But I know that I am not evil and I know that none fo you guys are evil but this social anxiety according to the bible I mean is a spirit of fear according to the bible. And all I am saying is bible and prayer is not enough. I for one haven't been to church in years but lately I have been visiting this church down the road like once a month. In anycase as to medication, you are right. I don't totally depend on medications because I take my medications on and off. Because I don't want to depend on them also, sometimes I don't see any results.
So to re-phrase, not only do I think prayer is not enough, but medication alone is not enough either. What do you guys think? 8O
phoenix1 said:
I hear that leeches do a good job of getting rid of evil spirits.

I honestly dont mean to criticize anyone's personal belief, but common, evil spirits? What century is this?

We are who we are because of how our brains have decided to react to the world around us. hyper-sensitive perhaps, hyper-reactive perhaps. Infested with evil spirits? ..probably not.

Medication should not be taken lightly either. Its not a cure and can make it more difficult later on.

If prayer is your thing, then thats fine, but try not to think of yourself as evil or anything along those lines. It makes recovery that much harder.

SociallyAwkward

Hi! Newbie here. Four years ago I was in a car accident leaving me with a scar under my eye. The scar isn't big but it is visible from up close. Since the accident, my life came to a complete stop. I was alive but I wasn't living. Because of my scar I became very insecure and very depressed. I cut everyone out of my life even the person that I was in love with.Four years have passed and things have gotten worse. I've hit rock bottom. I prayed to God. I prayed to God like I have never prayed before. I asked God to come into my life. I will not go into details.. but God heard my prayers and since then I became a true believer.

I have a question for Prescious.
Do you truely believe in God? Do you have a relationship with God?

IMO, attending church and praying just isn't enough. I think you have to find God. Build a relationship with God. And have faith that He will heal you, and that He will lead you to the right path.

This is just my opinion, I hope I haven't offended anyone. Btw, I am not a "Christian". I don't know the words in the Bible. And I don't attend church on a regular basis.

So has God helped me?
Yes, I no longer dwell on the past. I am in the process of moving on with my life. I have a brighter outllook on life. I have now accepted my scar and starting to love myself more. I still have trouble with my social skills but with time I believe that God will help me. Sorry, this is so long. Thanks for reading! 8)

Prescious

Let me tell you something sister, a friend of mine who I consider both my mentor and my pastor although he does not have a church neither does he believe in going to church BUT HE IS ANNOINTED. He gets prophetic dreams from god and all but anyway listen to what he told me: He said to me, Prescious did you know that I had a vision. I said oh yeah about what. He said this man from back in his country he and the whole community knew him but this man NEVER WENT TO CHURCH a day in his life. So I said what's your point? He said, well did you know that I had a vision and I saw this man in glory. Meaning that he saw this same man who never went to church a day in his life in heaven. So I was like whaaaat? He said yup. God is not like man. He looks at the heart and not at what people see. So sister just you keep holding on. I grew up in the church but at present I haven't been to church in like 5 years. Well I have went on and off like 2 times last year but that is not the same as being a regular member of the church. But just because I grew up in the church, does not mean that what I am saying is a lie. If god said that we are not fighting against flesh and blood but wicked spirits in high places. Then so be it. And I agree with you that we truly have to get to know god. ANd it is a process and I must say is not and easy one either. But if you keep pressing to get to know him just like you are, then we will make it. BTW, congrats on your recovery and all but although your self esteem is getting better, may I suggest or have you ever thought about plastic surgery?
I know I have, plenty of times
SociallyAwkward said:
Hi! Newbie here. Four years ago I was in a car accident leaving me with a scar under my eye. The scar isn't big but it is visible from up close. Since the accident, my life came to a complete stop. I was alive but I wasn't living. Because of my scar I became very insecure and very depressed. I cut everyone out of my life even the person that I was in love with.Four years have passed and things have gotten worse. I've hit rock bottom. I prayed to God. I prayed to God like I have never prayed before. I asked God to come into my life. I will not go into details.. but God heard my prayers and since then I became a true believer.

I have a question for Prescious.
Do you truely believe in God? Do you have a relationship with God?

IMO, attending church and praying just isn't enough. I think you have to find God. Build a relationship with God. And have faith that He will heal you, and that He will lead you to the right path.

This is just my opinion, I hope I haven't offended anyone. Btw, I am not a "Christian". I don't know the words in the Bible. And I don't attend church on a regular basis.

So has God helped me?
Yes, I no longer dwell on the past. I am in the process of moving on with my life. I have a brighter outllook on life. I have now accepted my scar and starting to love myself more. I still have trouble with my social skills but with time I believe that God will help me. Sorry, this is so long. Thanks for reading! 8)

lovemylas

You guys ever heard of Quakers? They were a clan of colonists way back in America's first days. These guys were Puritans, like most of the other settlers who came here were, but they had an edge to them. They didn't take any crap off of anyone. They didn't bow and show deference when the royals walked by. They chose to allow anyone into their group, no matter their religious denomination. They even let girls be ministers, a second aspect which was waaaay ahead of their time, considering it was waaaay PRE-America. These, and many other ideals that the colonists came up with then, the Fore fathers used later to make the United States. But during this time, the Quakers were hated by all Puritans, Catholics, and even those "closet-catholics" the Anglicans. Some were even executed for practicing their strange ways.

"What's the point to all this, Troy?"

Those guys did everything they did, even sacrificed their lives, all for God. Personally, I do not think this was the best thing for them to do. Martyrdom just doesn't sound like something a God who cherishes life, and its continuation, would favor. But because of the misguided beliefs instilled in them, a number of the Quakers took hanging at the gallows over being forced to just leave the colony, and stop preaching to whomever they happened by in the streets. Nutso, huh?

Oh, pashaw. I am sure you guys have met with some of the more "fanatical" believers before, right? I certainly have. They always end up asking me, "if I died today where would I go?" I used to think they were about to try hurting me, if I didn't say the right thing back. :lol: heh. But now I just shake my head and walk away.

The Quakers were like this. They were religion fanatics, who used God to justify not only their screwy behaviors, but to provide an excuse every time something new or unique happened to them. That's what you guys seem to be doing here. But God has nothing to do with your social anxiety, guys. I promise. :)

"We didn't say God did, we said "evil spirits" did, Troy."

I know. :wink: Keep thinking, guys. Now. Any of you ever seen a set of birds fighting over a discarded French frie in the McDonald's play area? I have. They exhibited the EXACT same behaviors that a pair of starving, ravenous wolves I saw on Discovery showed after they happened by a dead rabbit.

The Mc' D birds fought together, but one fought harder, so he got the french frie, and the other had to submit. Same thing with the wolves. Christ teaches us to give rather than take from our fellow man, and not act in such a survivalistic way. But if you needed that french frie like that bird believed he did, you would probably have fought for it with the same passion.

Uh oh. Christ would have to tell you, like your ministers and Church goers that you are a bad person and in danger of hell fire if you acted this way! The devil is telling you you need that French Fry, and you shouldn't EVER listen to him. Now, that's cool if you really believe what Jesus is saying here. Heck yeah, we don't like anything the devil is selling! But what if it isn't the devil telling you you need that French Frie, after all?What if it's just your gut?? Yup. That's what I said. Your gut, sans your body, sans you!

You didn't think the devil was really out getting his rocks off tempting birds and wild dogs to fight, just so he can screw up their lives and they burn forever and ever, did you? Of course, he does that! Even though they have no soul, and can't actually go to Hell. HAA! The Devil loves to hurt anything if he can!! But you know, you gotta admit, that devil dude sure doesn't have his standards set very high these days. Man, oh man. I bet if his devil wife ever found out about that crap, she'd divorce him that very day, and find her someone who tortures ONLY the higher class animals! Jeez Loise, sakes alive.

Do you understand my conjecture here, guys? There is NO devil. If there really was something fiddling with all of us like that, God would have sent him packing back when Friday, from Robinson Crusue reminded Him, "if God so strong, why he no kill devil?"

Since I can't think of a precident before that in literature, God MUST have replied after that: "Hey, there's an idea, Mr. Defoe! I'm a goin snake huntin! See ya later!" He obviously did, and that Devil snake thing that messed with Adam & Eve went bye bye now 320 some years ago. That MUST be true, also. Otherwise, God will have to be regarded by us as just as evil for letting the devil continue hurting us. Am I right here? God is NOT evil. That's just silly. So, there you go. No Devil to cause social anxiety for us today.

"Well, what the heck did it, then, Troy?!!"

Maybe it's like that French Frie thing, again. Maybe it's just us? Think about it. :wink:

Life can be VERY hard, sometimes. But you are alive to live it. That is our most precious gift. We get a chance to try. And when we do try, the results have a knack for amazing us sometimes. Keep trying, guys. You'll get it eventually.

PS: Some people actually need drugs because they've already taken other drugs, and botched their brains. They are screwed, sadly. Are you one of them? If you aren't just yet, don't count on drugs helping you deal with your problem. Some people, when their head starts to hurt, automatically seek pain pills rather than try to understand why their head is hurting. I've never understood this. Can you? :?:

Bye now.

Prescious

Hey Buddy I don't know what's wrong with you.:roll: Oh scratch that, I forgot that I'm in the SA forum. We all have the same problem basically just different levels.

Listen buddy here is the deal. since I KNOW that we are all fighting and going through the same dilemma, I am not going to argue with you but I will tell you that you are deluding yourself if you think that this is all flesh we are dealing with. The spirit world is all too real. And everything has a spirit behind it. If everything did not have a spirit behind it, you would be dead buddy. We all would be dead if the spirit within us left our bodies. Now that you know that, why is it so impossible for you to believe that we are not fighting against SA or drugs, or hate, or whatever else it is that binds people? Every bad thing or action has a spirit behind it. Don't you know there is a spirit world out there? Yes I agree with you that the way we were brought up and the way our minds have been programmed is what shaped our SA dilemma today. Yes I agree with you on that however there is still a spirit behind it all. You don't have to believe that because you think I am a holy roller but I am not a holy roller either. I am not a religious fanatic either because I haven't been to church in ages however I don't need to go to church to know the truth.

Listen check this out, if there isn't a spirit behind drugs, alcohol, SA and stuff, then why is it in the drug and alcohol rehabilitation centers they pray and stuff. Why? There isn't a drug or alcohol rehabilitation center that does not use prayer to help in detoxing those drug and alcohol addicted people. Why? Because even those drug and alcohol rehabilitation centers know that there is a evil spirit behind drugs and alcohol. Drugs and alcohol is an evil spirit because only an evil entity or spirit would try to destroy and rob your life like drugs and alcohol does. The bible says, the devil comes not but to kill, steal and to destroy but jesus says he came to give life. Drugs and alcohol DOES NOT give life. It destroys and will ultimately kill you. Like that actor guy that just died. The spirit that is behind SA and Agoraphobia is a spirit of fear rather than an evil spirit.

Now just like you retreat to using drugs to ease your SA pain, is the same way I retreat to God and prayer to try and ease my SA and Agoraphobia dilemma. To each his own. Am I a religious fanatic because I pray sometimes to try to ease my loneliness and SA? Am I a religious Quaker as you put it because I quote the bible that helps ease my pain? Please don't judge me because you do not know me. I am not a religious fanatic. I don't judge anyone, I have no time to do that because I have my own problems as you can see. I once met a lady on a temp job I did last year and she used to pick me up from my house and take me to work and stuff. Anyway we worked together and worked together and the environment where we worked was basically all christian. Anyway she did not know that I was not a christian. I told her I went to church from time to time but I told her that I was not a christian. And then she confided something to me and I was surprised. She told me that she was a Buddhist. I said really? I said please tell me how is that religion. She confided and told me that she really likes the Buddha religion because she said that she was once a christian and she felt that God let her down and on top of that she said that the people in church were too hypocritical so she decided to try something else. She said that Buddhism has alot to do with chanting what you want. Anyway she says that she chanted for example," Ah-lee-rum-bah Ah-lee-rum-bah Ah-lee-rum-bah and she said that ever since she's been chanting, she has gotten all of her hearts desires. So I asked her for information about Buddhism but to make a long story short, she found out afterwards that I go to church from time to time, and she said to me, wow for real. I have never met anybody that goes to church that after hearing that I was a Buddhist, waas still nice to me and non-judgmental of me. She was really shocked at this. Anyway so please don't judge me. I am not judging you abusing drugs so please don't judge me.

Now here is your quote:
Do you understand my conjecture here, guys? There is NO devil. If there really was something fiddling with all of us like that, God would have sent him packing back when Friday, from Robinson Crusue reminded Him, "if God so strong, why he no kill devil?"

I'm going to make a long story short. God is not going to kill the devil at least not yet. If he did kill the devil now, then the bible prophecy would not be fulfilled. Read Revelations, I can't get into details. Also, everybody in the world does not belong to God. Some people belong to the devil.
Jeffrey Dahmer, Hitler just to name a few.

Here is your quote again:
PS: Some people actually need drugs because they've already taken other drugs, and botched their brains. They are screwed, sadly. Are you one of them? If you aren't just yet, don't count on drugs helping you deal with your problem. Some people, when their head starts to hurt, automatically seek pain pills rather than try to understand why their head is hurting. I've never understood this. Can you?

You know I feel insulted.:cry: If you don't have anything nice to say, then don't say anything at all I've always been told. I am only trying to help encourage this forum with the truth or with something that might help us all alleviate the pain of our loneliness, SA or our Agoraphobia but here you come trying to stop it. I know the devil is using you but I am not going to entertain that spirit that is using you against me when I have not done anything wrong. I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE TOUCHED OR EVER USED DRUGS, CIGARETTES OR ALCOHOL. I consider myself a strong woman to have been through all the shit that I have been through. The loneliness, the SA, the Agoraphobia, the ostracism, the low self esteem, the abuse, and I have never touched drugs or alcohol and I never will.

If the people here can try drugs, and alcohol, then they can try God.
Even if it only helps a little bit. You have no right to insult me. We are
in the same boat. We are supposed to help each other not hurt each other
I have enough problems. You have enough problems. Both of us does not need any more problems.
lovemylas said:
You guys ever heard of Quakers? They were a clan of colonists way back in America's first days. These guys were Puritans, like most of the other settlers who came here were, but they had an edge to them. They didn't take any crap off of anyone. They didn't bow and show deference when the royals walked by. They chose to allow anyone into their group, no matter their religious denomination. They even let girls be ministers, a second aspect which was waaaay ahead of their time, considering it was waaaay PRE-America. These, and many other ideals that the colonists came up with then, the Fore fathers used later to make the United States. But during this time, the Quakers were hated by all Puritans, Catholics, and even those "closet-catholics" the Anglicans. Some were even executed for practicing their strange ways.

"What's the point to all this, Troy?"

Those guys did everything they did, even sacrificed their lives, all for God. Personally, I do not think this was the best thing for them to do. Martyrdom just doesn't sound like something a God who cherishes life, and its continuation, would favor. But because of the misguided beliefs instilled in them, a number of the Quakers took hanging at the gallows over being forced to just leave the colony, and stop preaching to whomever they happened by in the streets. Nutso, huh?

Oh, pashaw. I am sure you guys have met with some of the more "fanatical" believers before, right? I certainly have. They always end up asking me, "if I died today where would I go?" I used to think they were about to try hurting me, if I didn't say the right thing back. :lol: heh. But now I just shake my head and walk away.

The Quakers were like this. They were religion fanatics, who used God to justify not only their screwy behaviors, but to provide an excuse every time something new or unique happened to them. That's what you guys seem to be doing here. But God has nothing to do with your social anxiety, guys. I promise. :)

"We didn't say God did, we said "evil spirits" did, Troy."

I know. :wink: Keep thinking, guys. Now. Any of you ever seen a set of birds fighting over a discarded French frie in the McDonald's play area? I have. They exhibited the EXACT same behaviors that a pair of starving, ravenous wolves I saw on Discovery showed after they happened by a dead rabbit.

The Mc' D birds fought together, but one fought harder, so he got the french frie, and the other had to submit. Same thing with the wolves. Christ teaches us to give rather than take from our fellow man, and not act in such a survivalistic way. But if you needed that french frie like that bird believed he did, you would probably have fought for it with the same passion.

Uh oh. Christ would have to tell you, like your ministers and Church goers that you are a bad person and in danger of hell fire if you acted this way! The devil is telling you you need that French Fry, and you shouldn't EVER listen to him. Now, that's cool if you really believe what Jesus is saying here. Heck yeah, we don't like anything the devil is selling! But what if it isn't the devil telling you you need that French Frie, after all?What if it's just your gut?? Yup. That's what I said. Your gut, sans your body, sans you!

You didn't think the devil was really out getting his rocks off tempting birds and wild dogs to fight, just so he can screw up their lives and they burn forever and ever, did you? Of course, he does that! Even though they have no soul, and can't actually go to Hell. HAA! The Devil loves to hurt anything if he can!! But you know, you gotta admit, that devil dude sure doesn't have his standards set very high these days. Man, oh man. I bet if his devil wife ever found out about that crap, she'd divorce him that very day, and find her someone who tortures ONLY the higher class animals! Jeez Loise, sakes alive.

Since I can't think of a precident before that in literature, God MUST have replied after that: "Hey, there's an idea, Mr. Defoe! I'm a goin snake huntin! See ya later!" He obviously did, and that Devil snake thing that messed with Adam & Eve went bye bye now 320 some years ago. That MUST be true, also. Otherwise, God will have to be regarded by us as just as evil for letting the devil continue hurting us. Am I right here? God is NOT evil. That's just silly. So, there you go. No Devil to cause social anxiety for us today.

"Well, what the heck did it, then, Troy?!!"

Maybe it's like that French Frie thing, again. Maybe it's just us? Think about it. :wink:

Life can be VERY hard, sometimes. But you are alive to live it. That is our most precious gift. We get a chance to try. And when we do try, the results have a knack for amazing us sometimes. Keep trying, guys. You'll get it eventually.

PS: Some people actually need drugs because they've already taken other drugs, and botched their brains. They are screwed, sadly. Are you one of them? If you aren't just yet, don't count on drugs helping you deal with your problem. Some people, when their head starts to hurt, automatically seek pain pills rather than try to understand why their head is hurting. I've never understood this. Can you? :?:

Bye now.

lovemylas

No, you don't understand, Precious. You guys were talking about SA drugs, right? I was too. 8) I have heard of people being prescribed Paxil and it was a mistake. But they took it and it caused them to have a REAL chemical imbalance, and now they have to take the more serious psych drugs just to get through the day.

THATS what I believe you don't need. NO one does, if this is a possible outcome. Not you, or me. Another example; half the time, kids in school, who dont follow the herd and do EXACTLY as they're told, end up in a stupid psych office, and a stupider doc prescribing ridalin so their lazy parents don't have to deal with them. When maybe all they needed to cure their problem was someone spend some time with them. Yeah, an Advil might help mask that pain in your head when it hurts, but is it really the answer? I personally don't think so.

I am sorry my post was misunderstood. I do not take drugs either--NOT EVEN SA ONES, and I really wish there were no such thing at all. Heck, I don't even drink caffeine, so that should tell you something about me. :wink: I'm trying to get my fiance to get off cokes too, but it's hard. But back to what I was saying. . .

I don't think you guys are fanatics. Half the world believe in some sort of God, but don't go worship him at a Church. Heck most churches have corrupt people running them, so you might be better off taking Martin Luthor's advice and worship on your own time, under your own circumstances. Then it's just you and Him.

That Quaker example was put there to help you gauge just where the line is from being a normal believer up to a nut. But you may not have needed that.

I also agree that praying is MUCH better than turning to something that will REALLY hurt you. But the point I was trying to make with everything is you should look within yourself for the answer!! Stop giving God so much credit, because you might be surprised at just how much of a hand YOU have in your salvation, also.

Just keep going out on those trips to the store when you don't want to, and talk to people on the phone when they call. No, that exposure therapy crap might never cure the SA, but it might at the very least help you to learn how to roll with it. That might be all you ever need.
:D

I hope all of this will help you guys to have a better perspective. Later. 8)

Doomed2Die

On topic I can say without-a-doubt it is the greatest and most important thing anyone can do in their lifetime, that is learning about him in the first place.

I have always since a child knew there was something 'more' to this world and indeed, life, I felt or rather knew this but also could not grasp or understand it... liken it to blindness, I could touch and stumble but by no means see it.

As I understand more every passing day it brings me closer to Jehovah (from what I know is the english pronceation for his name, for god is but a title). Look, we all know the horror stories and we all understand that prehaps every single religion seems to do things as it benefits themselves, (Christendoms choice in strict commandments for example *cough*).

This world we live in? It says in the bible it is controled by Satan the devil, the angel who decided to oppose god. Now could you deny this? I understand many disagree with basic bible truths but still agree with the moral side of it... is that not hypocritical? Every *single* thing in the bible corrisponds with what is happening this very day, it does not lie, it has not fiction and indeed speaks nothing but the truth, it is as they say it, gods word. Those who disagree bluntly put need study it themselves.

It is true that fear of man is one of the Devils key tools in his system, SA? I feel it is a mixture of this and simple sensitivity, this compounds over time into the deeper problems that many who browse these forums are afflicted with.

Consider also that we are imperfect to the likes of the master teacher Jesus Christ who embodied and represented the perfect human many years ago, to Adam who while perfect was decieved along with his wife Eve into betraying the living god Jehovah.

A friend likened it to a recorded tape, where as the orginal was flawless over time the copies are slowly loosing quality. This is inherited sin as it says in the bible, death and the sicknesses afflilated with mankind. Adams seed inherited death and through him we are alive today. (thusly born of sin).

Prescious I do not understand what you mean in that everything has a spirit, from what I have learned 'spirit' is the very essence of life, that was used in the creation of Adam and Eve and with all living creatures that inhabit earth. It is true the world is designed to bring mankind down of course. Along the lines of church, it is good to affliate with fellow Christians, however you should be careful of who you stand with.

To those who think religion or god for that matter is false, well I not long ago thought the same, but... I see it as less of religion we see nowdays and more of simple fact. One could argue all day between things they do not know about and still think they are in the right, for it is just that. If the world WANTS us not to find out the truth untwisted, then why call it false? Who are we truly to know of these things hidden?

I am not the most dedicated and most certainly not the most knowledgable, however, these things I have learned, these... facts... cannot be refuted, it is both frightening because of the change and both enlightening to know... the benefit by far is more than I could of possibly imagined. I need not explain myself to those who seek nothing but soft spots to attack... for they simply do not know, and grasp at the flesh and system for support.

Unfortunatly humble people are few and far between in this world, so anything even remotely different from what they have been born into usually causes prejustice and false claims.

Doomed2Die

Ok on the topic of 'why does god allow suffering' .

Think about this, the average human lives... oh 60-70 years correct? Now spread out false information over many hundreds of years, who are WE to know right from wrong and false from truth? Truly?

What if we are actually born into an age very different from what was destined to be. What if we was to live forever and suffering was non-existant?

Now if I lived forever and was indeed born into a super cool no suffering world who is to question depravity and war? Sure we are told its bad but really where is the proof in this? What is stopping me should I be tempted?

This world, this timeline, is the all proof. It says so in the bible, sovereignty, God has withheld full justice for the time it takes Satan to mess up the world so bad in the future we all know God is the rightful leader (Satan's claim is that Jehovahs followers only served him because of the rewards) In light of this, there is many true christians serving God in these most trying of times, fully against the Devil and his claims.

(woo double post(too big really for edit)).

lovemylas

Psychedelicious? This may sound bad, but I truly mean you no harm, dude. If you are not an attractive person, compared to say a celebrity, or maybe even a whole group of them, does that really make you ugly, period? Heck, no! Lots of people have things wrong with them. I do. My nose was broken when I ran cockeyed & stupid into a wooden gazebo post. Since then, I have had a little bump on one side, while the other is smooth and perfect. But perfect compared to what?? Those celebrities again? Not necessarily. If I consider that as being perfect, then yes. The left side of my nose is perfect. And my right, well, I soooo want a nose fix so I can be just like those celebrities. heh. :wink: No, not really. My bumpy nose is something I've come to be okay with. :)

Did you know Dr. Phil started going bald when he was 12? Yep. Some people think he would be an ugly bastard after that. Maybe even him, too. But his wife never thought so. And I'd bet that because of her positive, or maybe in more common cases like this, her NEUTRAL influences, that he's perfectly okay with being bald, too. Indeed so. I don't want to lose my hair, but if my fiance will show me she will be okay with it, then I believe I will be eventually, also.

Basically, everyone has an interpretation of what is beautiful and what is ugly. If you don't measure up to a celebrity or someone of the like, as most of us don't, then try meeting people who come up just as "short" as you feel you do. 8) Whoa, I think I just realized the moral to Shrek. :eek:

Think about this, the average human lives... oh 60-70 years correct? Now spread out false information over many hundreds of years, who are WE to know right from wrong and false from truth? Truly?

This is how you know:

If it promotes the survival of life, then it's fundamentally good. If it in ANY WAY deters or hinder that process, then it's fundamentally bad. Why? Ever wondered what the meaning of life is? It's to live. :D See ya!

Doomed2Die

In the same vein as 'perfect' how do you account for cancer? Or any other illness in today's current world? From what I learned cancer was scarce not too long ago.

It is the atrophy of humanity, death age and sickness, we all know things do not get 'better' they get worse, this is not a evolution theory. With that said why is it unreasonable to consider that there was at one time a perfect human?

This is how you know:

If it promotes the survival of life, then it's fundamentally good. If it in ANY WAY deters or hinder that process, then it's fundamentally bad. Why? Ever wondered what the meaning of life is? It's to live. Very Happy See ya!

An appealing arguement that I once also held dear to. But its easy to dismiss things off as confusion, and some to the ideals of a few choice men, easy to agree that sure, mankind messed up and continue to because thats simply mankind. I reached my understanding by asking why and looking for answers, personally what I know is only a scratch on the surface, but the truth and fact nonetheless, this is unrefutable and at the time a gigantic thing to wrap the head around. Things are not quite as simple as you seem to believe and indeed not as I used to believe also.

Outside the box, I am but nigh insignifant in the face of true history, what gives me the right to claim I personally know better? Especially one who is born into a system such as this (if you take that into account)? This world promotes individualism and pride, direct and polar opposites in what God teaches. Just one in many things that are directly against him, things that laughably are just there because of that, its against god. This sealed my belief... facts sealed my belief not blind faith.

GettingThere

Prescious said:
What do you guys think? Do you think that God can help us?
I mean I grew up in the church and all but at the same time, I also grew up
in a dysfunctional family as well. But in anycase, I grew up in the church and the bible teaches that what we are dealing with is not flesh and blood but it is an evil spirit. But although I believe that what we are dealing with is indeed an evil spirit, I still have not seen any improvement. So that makes me believe that the church DOES NOT have it all right. And that prayer IS NOT enough. That we have to actually do something to help ourselves on top of prayer. Maybe take some prescribed medications, like what I am on. I am currently taking Zoloft for depression and anxiety and Seroqual for Bipolar anxiety. Maybe try to do some positive thinkings or something. I don't know but all I know is that from my experience, prayer is not enough. What about you guys? Has anybody had any success
with God and prayer and church by itself?

Hi Precious,
I do not believe that the particular problem of S.A.D. is directly related to the presence of a "bad spirit" and as such is not something which is likely to be cured in an immediate action by God, although some assistance can be obtained in the short term.
However, I know that the problem can be cured by Him in you with time and prayer using a more indirect approach.
Thing is that SA is symptomatic of our egos - our very selves - and the extent of the problem is mostly dependant upon such elements as pride.
If our level of pride is reduced, so the effect of SA diminishes in our lives, i.e. if you not concerned with how others view you, you will not suffer from SA.

Thus,
1. you can obtain healing from God with time and prayer and persistence; &
2. You may also benefit in the short term by praying for guidance, comfort and help in not worrying about what others think of you.

I hope that is not too confusing and I hope that it is of some help.

kyle

Banned
Doomed2Die said:
It is the atrophy of humanity, death age and sickness, we all know things do not get 'better' they get worse, this is not a evolution theory. With that said why is it unreasonable to consider that there was at one time a perfect human?

I doubt it. The Bubonic Plague wiped out 1/3 of Europe's population, and there are likely similiar epidemics throughout history. Diseases have been around since the beginning of time. I don't believe they were not as bad hundreds of years ago. It's God's way of population control.

kyle

Banned
Psychedelicious said:
No. If god was so great he wouldn't of made me look like this, or have extreme social phobia. As of what I see in my opinion, church basically just tells us what horrible people we are and what is wrong with us. No help. No help at all.

The other way you can look at it is God didn't curse you with cancer or a horrible disease. People often forget things like social phobia in the face of death. I've known people that are crippled in wheelchairs who never look at why they are in wheelchairs. They are just happy to be alive! :D

You must be attending some horrible church. From the services I have went to, it's mainly preaching about helping people less fortunate, and forgiving others of their misdeeds.

Doomed2Die

kyle said:
I doubt it. The Bubonic Plague wiped out 1/3 of Europe's population, and there are likely similiar epidemics throughout history. Diseases have been around since the beginning of time. I don't believe they were not as bad hundreds of years ago. It's God's way of population control.

You may want to check up on that, look around even, you say deaths from sickness have remained static over the ages? What about AIDS/HIV? That never was as big as it is now, there is always sickness yes... but the years keep scaling it up. Inherited disease even is much more bigger than in previous generations. Again, I liken it to a copied tape. There is no way things are getting better and the line between 'static' and 'worse' is not so fine.

Besides you say you know god? It says in the bible things will get worse and sickness will claim more intill the end of this system (namely, the battle of Harmaggedon), does not one of the horsemen in revelations symbolise sickness?

Thelema

"Either God wants to abolish evil, and cannot; Or he can, but does not want to; Or he cannot and does not want to. If he wants to, but cannot, he is impotent. If he can, but does not want to, he is wicked. But, if God both can and wants to abolish evil, then how come evil is in the world?" - Epicurus

"One might be asked "How can you prove that a god does not exist?" One can only reply that it is scarcely necessary to disprove what has never been proved." - David A. Spitz

kyle

Banned
Doomed2Die said:
kyle said:

You may want to check up on that, look around even, you say deaths from sickness have remained static over the ages? What about AIDS/HIV? That never was as big as it is now, there is always sickness yes... but the years keep scaling it up. Inherited disease even is much more bigger than in previous generations. Again, I liken it to a copied tape. There is no way things are getting better and the line between 'static' and 'worse' is not so fine.

I'm not sure about that. 40 million people have HIV. There are almost 7 billion people on earth. That means the HIV infection rate is 0.6% in the world. You have to compare it to the plague which wiped out 25% of the world's population. There is no comparison. Diseases killed more people before the 20th century. The life expectancy rate is at an all-time high.