What are you listening to? Music greetings

Kamen

I think it would be nice to post in this thread links to songs we are listening to while browsing the site, or maybe post a favorite song describing your mood or just to greet other members.

I am now listening to: Radiohead - Creep. A favorite band... I can say I am frequently in melancholy and I find their music pretty suitable for those my moods.

Dave_McFadden

Today I listened to my Automatic for the People (REM) CD for the first time in I don't know when. Right now The Sidewinder Sleeps Tonight is playing. I forgot what a happy song this was, it's just what I needed, actually.

strawberrybrunette

Rachmaninov - Piano Concerto No. 2.

Yay! Love this piece! It's in three movements (sections), and each one has a distinctly different flavour - the first is very dramatic and melancholic, the second is quite wistful and romantic, and the third is very up-beat and lively.

I'm going to see this piece be performed in a couple of weeks - a big "screw you" to my anxiety - the thought of sitting in an concert hall crammed with people pretty much paralyses me with fear. But i'm going anyway - i'm hoping that my love of this particular piece of music will be stronger than the fear. I'm sure it will be, and i'm very excited. Lame, yes - but i haven't had something to be this excited about in a long time.

Rodox

lately I have been hooked on The OffSpring-greatest hits and KLover-Feel Lucky Punk favourite song-here i go again.

theblank

I'm listening to the new King's X album called XV. I'm really enjoying it and think it's there best work in over ten years.

Richey

Kamen said:
I think it would be nice to post in this thread links to songs we are listening to while browsing the site, or maybe post a favorite song describing your mood or just to greet other members.

I am now listening to: Radiohead - Creep. A favorite band... I can say I am frequently in melancholy and I find their music pretty suitable for those my moods.

I love Kid A, The Bends, OK Computer, Amnesiac, Hail to the Thief, In Rainbows even Pablo Honey has some impressive music on it ...

and all their great b-sides like cuttooth and palo alto talk show host

easily my favourite band of this generation by far, so many great songs that most bands would crave to have written even one of their songs ..

Radiohead also create so much buzz upon releasing new music and all the webcasts they take part in which is them spending a night playing songs and getting drunk and joking around, ever since Kid A they do webcasts and its almost to good to be true being a fan and watching it all, being apart of the hysteria ..this is the band people call the depressed doom mungers yet they seem to be the most fun and forthcoming band around

no other band out there does anything like this and nobody ever really knows what they'll create on each album, its always an unknown treasure chest and mystery or "what'll they do next" with radiohead ...

at the moment

Dinosaur Jr
Queens of the stone age
REM
The replacements
Bjork & Sugarcubes
deerhunter
the black keys
boards of canada
Blur
Mazzy star
Velvet Underground

CK23

What Makes You Different By BSB... i know most people call em cheesy but the lyrics are like a lively oasis in a scorching desert... makes you give hope that there's someone out there for you to make things alright and save you from your hopelessness...

Videotape

I'm also currently listening to radiohead...just got 'Amnesiac' on vinyl today. I think half the fun of radiohead is trying to figure out what they're talking about in there songs/albums. a lot of there songs can be interpreted in so many ways because of how clever radiohead are...but i think i found the meaning to 'in rainbows' as a LP. i've got ideas of what 'OK COMPUTER' and 'Hail To The Thief' is trying to portray but as for 'Kid A' and 'Amnesiac'...holy shit they are complex! if u like radiohead...listen to the band 'grizzly bear'.........................ps: i HATE social phobia!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!