What country rules the world??

Johno

I guess it still is the USA... I am not certain for how much longer.... What do you think???

Luke1993

I always hate the arguments people give for what is the greatest country in the world. I swear every youtube video on guns, WW2, world issues or whatever ALWAYS leads to a comment war, usually it's between British and Americans, although some other nations participate.

"We invented your language!"

"Oh yeah? We saved your ass in World War 2!"

"You lost in Vietnam!"

"Go drink your tea and eat crumpets!"

"Go eat McDonalds"

and so on....

Many americans say USA is the best country in the world because it has the most military might and money. Winning wars does not make a country great in my eyes.

market.garden

I suppose if you're talking political/military might then USA is still the most powerful. I wouldn't say they "rule" the world, no one does.

Felgen

No country rules the world. The US is easily the most important country economically, but that'a only because of large coorporations like Microsoft and Ford--not bacause of their government.

Anomaly

No country rules the world. The US is easily the most important country economically, but that'a only because of large coorporations like Microsoft and Ford--not bacause of their government.

But the government decided that it was going to be fairly capitalistic country, did it not? That's the whole point -- to let the companies do their thing without stifling regulations (though not necessarily deregulated).

China is definetly the most powerful country imo

If they keep making the right decisions, they will certainly be on a good track.

Felgen

But the government decided that it was going to be fairly capitalistic country, did it not? That's the whole point -- to let the companies do their thing without stifling regulations (though not necessarily deregulated).

The legislature decides whether the country is capitalistic or not. Judging from the outcome of the cold war, the US (and NATO) bet on the right horse.

iamthenra

Since someone brought up politics... I have to stick my nose in this quagmire.... I for one, and tired of the USA occupying every country just to keep peace... I mean, why must we police the world? It seems rather silly for any country to do that....

As for what country rules??? I think if you look at the immigration statistics, that would tell you what country is the most popular... But as far as "ruling" goes??? We may talk big here in the USA, but I still think that China, Russia or some other country is probably bigger than the USA and they are just sitting in the shadows not letting the world know it.... Kind of like a coiled snake hiding in the shadows waiting for the right moment to strike.

Last edited: