What do you do when your teacher ask you to form groups?

shybutsexy

I hate so much everytime im in a class where i dont know anyone and the teacher suddenly wants us to form groups for some activity. What do you guys do in this situation?

Dr. Doom

I just sit where I am at and hope that there is an even number of people so that I can pair up with whoever is left.

Last edited:

planemo

When I was in school it wasn't too bad, coz I did have friends and so I would just join up with one of them. At university it was the total opposite and so by waiting by myself I would end up with a few others who didn't form a group and who I didn't really know. And it would usually end up with me doing all the work - so yeah it sucked.

Streifen

In grade school and middle school, I always had people to group with who I liked and it was no problem. If groups were teacher-created, it could be a little less fun, but I could deal with it. In high school and college, I was often left sitting by myself and would have to ask around if I could join other's groups. Embarrassingly, they would usually decline, pretend they didn't hear me or accept me grudgingly, but proceed as if I wasn't sitting there. When people actually want to group with me, it's usually the really alternative people that come sit by me. :D

Last edited:

mictsekk

I have to go through this pain tomorrow. In high school it was no problem, but in university I dont know anyone, whereas others have already formed relationships, so its very likely that I'm just gonna be left out and have to go beg someone to take me into their group :D

I always hated when we had to do group activities in school- especially when we had to form our own groups. I liked it so much better when the teacher/professor assigned the groups, but of course most everyone else in the class preferred it the other way around. I think once or twice I just ended up working by myself- and I may have had points taken off for not doing it in a group.

D

deleted user 1

There was one occasion, during history, where I just said, "No thanks" and did my own thing, lol. Otherwise I hated it with a passion. I basically let the others do the talking, I'd usually do the technical stuff... the donkey work *sigh* And you guessed who got the glory! My best advice would be to keep your head down and stick to the task. It can be easy if there is a group of people who like to mess around, it helps you to blend into the background much better. Particularly when you are producing a presentation together, they are your best friends here, lol. There's no easy way around it. You either embrace it or you don't. In reality, there's nothing really to fear.

Minty

Just sit there until someone approaches me. Sometimes when I'm lucky there aren't enough people and I'm allowed to work by myself. :)