What do you think about this comment?

jazy

I came across This song by Jessie J called "Who's Laughing Now" and it's about how she was bullied in school back then and now she's a rich and successful singer who made something out of herself. I saw this comment that was left on you tube and I was wondering what you guys think of it?

The funny thing that this is VERY often true. Shy people often hide their real talents and became and end up very happy and successful. A lot of actors and singers were shy and quiet. Guys, very important thing you all should know: Ignore all the crap that comes from people who don't like you or who you don't like, and let the heart lead you through the life. :)

Thumbs up! Make everyone see this message!

This comment was left after this one.

This is the stupidest generalization I've ever heard. Being shy doesn't mean you're hiding secret talents, please grow up.

So what do you think?

jazy

1. Her work isn't of any merit, being "rich and successful" as yet another disposable popstar isn't impressive, bullied or not.

2. Was she actually bullied or is it a nonsense sob story? Too many people say they were bullied in school, some have to be making it up.

1. Maybe I should have worded it differently I guess. But still she became famous.

2. I found this article about her being bullied as a kid: Jessie J: I was bullied because my skin went green | Metro.co.uk

I'm inclined to agree with Tino in that there's no way ALL celebrities were bullied in school, I just don't buy it. Yet the majority of successful famous people claim they were shy, bullied, introverted. And I really think that's a pile of.....

See the general public love the underdog. Famous people spend a lot of money on Public Relations ppl who explain this to them and tell them how to take advantage of the public's good nature. So they invent a sob story or suggest/ insinuate that they have a very dark back round shrouded in mystery and the public love this.

Look at Susan Boyle! An authentic story and an authentic talent, she is the full package. Famous as much for her story as her talent, moreso probably.

Look at any reality talent show thing where that Simon Cowell person is, anything that he says is bad, succeeds because the public love the under dog.
And demand creates supply hence all popstars are suddenly the underdog....I am sceptical.

See unfortunately in the culture we live in, talent doesn't seem to be enough

^^this. Also, just in the case that any of that stories were true, that doesn't mean that a happy rewarding and compensating ending is waiting for everyone who has a painful past (and present).

Also I think that there is no direct correlation between talents and shyness.

I'm inclined to agree with Tino in that there's no way ALL celebrities were bullied in school
No, some of the celebrities feel happy in their own skin, they can show off, most introvert people find hard to show, but in reality we're all the same and talents are, or thus hidden, but some of them have, some of them don't.

I think people who do have talents, can be anything really, singing, football(soccer), creative writing, art, educational professions, you name it.

I think it's all about what you can gain in intelligence, creativity such as ideas and what you are fighting for (motivation,dreams) and it depends on what you like (interests) and what you would like to offer to the world.

And of course, practice and learn. It will help you become anything you want (well, mostly anything, I'm not telling you, to learn to be a millionaire in 5 weeks, so... Also singing can be improved by a vocal teacher and a great pianist needs to be a gear in music, and have a ear for sheetnotes, and also you can learn songs with a teacher, also if you are really talented you can find it out all yourself like Mozart.

Or you can be a professional, like Einstein, but it's all about taking little steps, and never ask yourself these high priorities, be happy about each single achievement you reached, and write them all down on a list, never forget about them, I mean SA is already working your ass off, even though you might feel lazy sitting on your ass in front of this computer, it sure is taking a lot of patience so I think we deserve to take some time for ourselfes !

And of course, a soccer player would be nothing without a great team, so it's all about working together, and most importance..... Believe in YOURSELF.
Work on self improvement, and share your dreams to the world, and show YOURSELF! Don't be afraid to say no and say what the F to those silly role models, c'mon, they had to fight too, remember? They aren't just lucky...
Maybe some of them do ;) those are real miracles, but it's all about serious work on life.... What you are working for and never forget dreaming.

And susan Boyle, I think she just never had the courage to walk upon stage and show her beauty of a voice! I think she's a great singer and even though she might have been bullied, never kissed, and lots of people complain about her oldies look and whatever, I think it's all about the person inside, I mean, bullying is the most stupid crap I've noticed, people who think they are better after saying some rude stuff to make themselfes feel proud, well.. eventually those anti bullies, great person, and of course SA people too, will get strength and power in themselfes, and have life experience most people don't :)

So, I think the comment doesn't make a lot of sense to me.
It's just a negative self reflexion, I mean maybe he has a hidden talent he didn't find out yet, Shy people can be really talented, but it's not about hiding it, it's about feeling afraid to show it to the world... :)

Last edited:

Kiwong

I was bullied at school. I guess you could say I'm doing alright, but the bullying had its impact, and that is why I still battle anxiety, and life can be a battle.

The biggest win I've had is that I don't think much about people that have bullied me. To hold that lingering resentment, means that the bullies still have a power over of you.

jazy

I was bullied at school. I guess you could say I'm doing alright, but the bullying had its impact, and that is why I still battle anxiety, and life can be a battle.

The biggest win I've had is that I don't think much about people that have bullied me. To hold that lingering resentment, means that the bullies still have a power over of you.

I wish I could say the same for myself. ::(:

coyote

both comments are true

notice that the first person did not say that ALL shy people are talented - they said "often" and "alot of"

the second person's comment was correct on it's own, but incorrect as a response to the first