What do you think of Nervous/awkward girls?

shy girls+ shy guys= a boring match

I'm shy myself, awkward, quiet and I am more confortable being by myself, but i found that it's quite boring.

cobalt_bluester

Hi. I much prefer the quieter, shy girls than those who have an opinion about everything and nothing.

You are great the way you are so don't be too hard on yourself.

sorrow1

I agree with cobalt, I think your are a very beautiful person and being shy/awkward would make no difference to me.

limetree

Hey, i'm a shy/awkward girl too :S I actually act like it (nervous and aloof) and it's mostly off putting to most people i know, unlike the really outgoing, attractive girls who claim to be shy because guys like girls who blush...:rolleyes: At my school guys react to shyness as if they're afraid being around me will drain all their energy. I don't really like to think of shyness as cowardly, exhibitionism can be quite pointless too.

Kieran

It wouldn't bother me. I'd be nervous and a bit awkward at first too... but once you get comfortable with someone, it should pass.

FountainandFairfax

in a VAN down by the RIVER
Here's the deal - it's not your clumsiness that would be a problem but YOU having a problem with clumsiness.

I'm sure you've met people who were open and honest about their "flaws".

How much more relaxed were you around those people VS someone who is all uptight because they are trying NOT to have flaws?

Something to ponder

Great post, that's a very good point.

Dudley

shy girls+ shy guys= a boring match

It's absolutely true and proven through years of research.

In answer to the original question - There is nothing wrong with being shy as long as you don't appear cold or uncaring. I'm extremely clumsy too, but I don't think I come off as a jerk, just shy.

SingleAloneForever

Shy boys don't meet girls.

Oh I can most certainly attest to that, I am walking proof of this claim. It sucks. I'm never going to meet anybody. I've tried everything. Tried online, trying to meet women through friends, at pubs/clubs, etc

It just seems that my shyness causes women to be frightened of me. Plus my looks aren't doing me any favours, either. It's a lose-lose situation.

Now, all that's left for me to do is come to grips with my fate. It's not easy though, when people still decide to bring it up in conversation, by asking me how my love life is going, or asking me why I'm single, etc.

As if they don't already know the answer. I suppose in a way, they're trying to be polite. But still, it just does nothing except upset me and piss me off. Now, all my friends know not to ask me those types of questions. In fact, not one of my friends, even ones that I've not seen for extended periods of time, has asked me these questions in the last five or so years. This basically helps me to confirm that I will be single forever, and dying alone.

Shyness is a curse, especially in my case. Seems to work out OK for others, however. But never me.