what does it mean being 25 age?

worrywort

being 25

- realising all your childhood dreams aren't going to come true
- learning to hide your emotions from your face
- learning to fake confidence and well being
- desiring financial security becomes the major motivation in your life
- losing any last hints of self esteem as you buckle under the weight of the world

haha! that sounds really bitter! My life isn't that bad really....but it is pretty hard being 25!

Marie_knowsbestt

i dont think there is something ur supposed to have done/ be doing at 25. theres so many people, the variations are endless.

why am to be a clone?

personally i wanna be somewhere hot, prefably vegas or LA doing something i love, fit bloke, no kids!! lol and a wod of cash. aint gonna happen...but ya know who knows i might be dead!

autumn_82

-be finished with college and established in a career
-have a serious relationship
-have a car
-pay all of my own bills
-be socially adept

And as a 25-year-old soon to be 26 I haven't accomplished any of those yet.

bleach

Banned
I will be 25 in six months, so I can take a pretty accurate guess at it:

-working a crappy job (or two)
-living with my parents
-other things too boring to mention

Dave_McFadden

For me, being 25 meant being more optimistic about the future than I probably deserved to be. Making the bad decision to go back to school to try to get my PhD. That's four years of my life I'll never get back, but I'm older and wiser for it.

krs2snow

25 was not a milestone for me. For a lot of people it is but, for myself, it was not. Maybe it's a by-product of being the youngest in the family. This is one of the reasons I sometimes feel I am behind.... like I should have more- or different- things going on in my life than I actually do. Like I should feel more pressure... or something... to make my life fit the average mold. However, I try to remember that there's an awful lot of people in the world and we all have our own beat to march to.

It doesn't make things better or change my life but it does help my perspective.

Owl

:D I'm sure I read in a magazine that 20's where the new teenage years,about finding your feet and not settling done yet,like would been expected 40 odd yrs ago.
So pressure is off!
:( I hit the 30 mark and totaly not got anything i expected to have by this age, guess should compare yourself to other people. Not that I could be bothered to go out and get anything now or even think what do I want!

Danfalc

Banned
This is really morbid sorry people lol... but 25 use to be the age id say to myself if im not better by,im gonna end it :? I can remember being like 15... and just day dreaming about leaving school and cos i didnt have the issues den i have now... Id sit and wonder and day dream about where id be in my 20's... what type of job i would have... where I would live... if id have kids ect

Now 25 is rapidly approaching and apart from havng my own flat i was much better off back then,I actualy feel like i was more of a man back then than i am now.But im trying to just take one day at a time now,all age is really is a number so why depress yaself about it... instead of saying to myself i wish i had done this or that and get myself upset over the years ive lost.I try and think of the years i have left... and what I can do in those years...

sketchy24

Danfalc said:
This is really morbid sorry people lol... but 25 use to be the age id say to myself if im not better by,im gonna end it :? I can remember being like 15... and just day dreaming about leaving school and cos i didnt have the issues den i have now... Id sit and wonder and day dream about where id be in my 20's... what type of job i would have... where I would live... if id have kids ect

Now 25 is rapidly approaching and apart from havng my own flat i was much better off back then,I actualy feel like i was more of a man back then than i am now.But im trying to just take one day at a time now,all age is really is a number so why depress yaself about it... instead of saying to myself i wish i had done this or that and get myself upset over the years ive lost.I try and think of the years i have left... and what I can do in those years...

Ditto. My 25 is next month but ya 25 used to be my "cut-off date" as well. I've actually gotten a lot better as far as depression goes so I don't really feel this way anymore but still... I'm working really hard to try and change but we'll see...

raylite

This turned out to be a pretty long post, but I felt it was important I shared this with you guys. I turned 25 on July 12th and I made a promise to myself to quit drinking alcohol, and THAT has been the best decision I have made in the past 4 years...Alcohol used to make feel confident and I became a lot more social with people, but it was only for one night and the next day I felt more anxious, paranoid, suicidal, and depressed. Apparently alcohol does make you more anxious in the long run so I finally decided to give up all the partying, clubbing, enjoying cold beer, tasting wine, sipping expensive cognac etc.....I just figured that if I allow myself to drink a couple of beers once in a while then I will let myself get drunk eventually, which happened plenty of times before. So quitting drinking for me was for health reasons, physical and mental, and I already feel a lot better waking up each morning. This is just my personal opinion AND decision, all people react to alcohol affects differently and of course we all drink differently. But if you're kind of thinking about quitting, be it your 25th bday or 24th or whatever day you have a bad hang over, just try to go without alcohol for 90 days and see if it makes your life better, then if after 90 days you still decide to drink, then you got your whole life ahead of you to get piss drunk :)

As for the financial life, career, personal relationships, friends and everything else that we try to grasp in this life so that finally we can feel "complete", you know how it goes "If only I had that nice house", "If only I had a beautiful with and kids", "If only I had more money". Well, since I quit drinking I've been really trying to figure out what I want from life, and I can't say that having more money in my bank account, having a nice house, a nice car has made me feel any happier. And even though, I've had few short relationships, I wouldn't say that falling in love with somebody will make you fell happy for the rest of your life, if only for a couple of months while you're "in love". So I started digging deeper in the spiritual stuff, but non of the religions ever appealed to me, I never believed in "God" and so I wanted to find some kind of REAL practice, to look at the life the way it is, not looking for a savior jesus christ to come save my miserable ass or any other god out there, but to truly discover who you are in this life that will inevitably end, its just a question of when.

What I discovered is meditation and Buddhist Psychology which is not a religion nor philosophy but rather techniques and practices of really seeing life as it is and discovering what all of us really long for which is -- LOVE. And primarily love for YOURSELF. "That which we long for which we have been looking and longing for is nowhere else to be found, but HERE, in this very moment.

Now you're probably thinking "yeah right, there is no practice that can make me feel happy about my life and the way I am without me acquiring things or more friends or beautiful wife or kids etc...." And the fact is that its not easy, it requires a lot of patience and concentration, and basically taming your own mind to be at peace. Anyway, I could go on and on about how cool meditation and Buddhist way of life is, its just something I discovered that can really work for ME and I wanted to share it with you guys so that maybe you can give it a try and see if it also can work for you.

By the way, I come from the bottom of the bottoms, my life was empty, and I saw no meaning at all of continuing to live, I felt very depressed and at some point I wanted to go out and by a gun and end all this misery, that was in some extreme cases of being hung over.

Anyhow, instead of thinking what you should have at the age of 25, I think its more wise to really look at your and yourself and really discover who you are and how you want to live your life. Mindful way of living is far better than grasping, aversion, and disillusion. If you're interested in learning the true way of living and the way to your own happiness I recommend audio books by Jack Kornfield, just go to this site: audible.com and type in Jack Kornfield, there are several good audio books by him, the ones I'm listening to are called "The roots of buddhist psychology" and "a path with heart" (http://www.audible.com/adbl/site/pr...p?productID=SP_TRUE_000201&BV_UseBVCookie=Yes) and its helping me overcome my social phobia and discover where the real happiness really is - within you.

May you be filled with love, may you be well, may you be at peace, may you be happy.