What does it mean when your sisters..

Etbow23

..don't respond to your e-mails until weeks, or sometimes months later? (At best, a week?) I sent an email to one of my sisters back in july, and she just responded to it a couple days ago. We have talked in between that time here and there. Also, the other day I sent her an email asking her advice over something we had talked about, and she didn't respond to it but sent me old pictures from a few years ago, which was random...I appreciated the photos but thought it was just totally out of place, since I had sent her something unrelated.

My other sister...I commented on her facebook asking how her art show went but got no response ever. Later I emailed her a question about whether she had any photos I could use for a school project, and she responded about a week later saying she was sorry but she didn't. I emailed back again asking how her art show went and how our mother's visit with her went, and that was almost a week ago at this point...haven't heard anything.

Sometimes I do things without thinking, so I just sent them both an email saying "Neither of you respond to my e-mails, and when you do, it's usually at least a month after I send them. This really shows what status you hold for our relationships. I don't really know what else to say other than I simply won't send you e-mails after this anymore, so please disregard any last ones I sent you." I feel like they will probably be really offended, and most likely reply much sooner than they would if it were any other email. Like usual, it was probably a huge mistake on my part.

Do you guys think they just don't care much about our relationship? I'm blowing things out of proportion?

Etbow23

I think you're blowing it out of proportion a little bit. When people ask about her art show, most are just being polite, so they don't really expect a response. But on other occasions, Yep they were being a bit rude and I don't think you reacted that badly. I wouldn't worry about it.

You're right. My sisters can be catty though, and I just know that this will be the best gossip jive they can take at me (I know in the past they've talked sht behind my back about how I'm "bipolar" and "disrespectful to our mother" or something). I know they're both going to get super offended.

I guess I should've worded it different, but it still pisses me off how my own blood ignores me.