what if the world is filled with SA people..

IcanDoIt

i guess it would be bliss..

ive given it some thoughts..

it would be better for people to constantly be conscious of themselves, be consistently afraid that what they do will offend people, be uncomfortable socially, nervous, over-thoughtful, unable to speak up for themselves, forgetful, shy, depressed..

than to have racism, war, backstabbing, gossips, malice, revenge, overconfidence, hurtfulness, ass-lickingness, status..

SA Vs Non SA..

u decide the answer.. :)

paul

I agree with you

although I think if everybody had SA, then nobody would have SA in a way...

black_mamba

It's not that simple though is it, I mean social phobia affects people in varying degrees. If this world were full of people with SP, people like me (who have a milder version of the condition) would probably feel comfy enough around fellow shy people enough to eventually become loud. And so, in a way, some of us will feel so relaxed that our SP will diminish, plus this may make the more severe sufferers feel worse as a result?

than to have racism, war, backstabbing, gossips, malice, revenge, overconfidence, hurtfulness, ass-lickingness, status..

These are all, in my opinion, features of a society with laws, regulations, leaders, dictators, money issues and a good old mix of arseholes. Just because you have social phobia doesn't mean you can't be a bastard towards others.

A world full of social phobes? Sounds like anarchy! :lol: But it would be fun for all of five minutes. Woohoo! :p

IcanDoIt

yea seriously, i agree totally with u guys!

but this shall remain a fantasy..

heheh, yea mamba, only 5 minutes, i would not want know what would happen if that really happens forever..

the cold quiet noise of the city, no newscasters on tv, no tv programmes, no delivery man to send stuff to home..

wao, its like total chaos!

black_mamba

IcanDoIt said:
the cold quiet noise of the city, no newscasters on tv, no tv programmes, no delivery man to send stuff to home..

Sounds like the end of the world. I like it. Oh wait, no delivery men? No take aways? No tv?! Noooooo! 8O

Kezada

i've always wonderd, 'what if' WE are the people that are normal? maybe everybody else thats "normal" are the 1s with the problems lol

1love,kezada

IcanDoIt

i think we would be normal if we dont have that usual nervousness, self consiousness around people..seriously..

Kezada

IcanDoIt said:
i think we would be normal if we dont have that usual nervousness, self consiousness around people..seriously..

ye but im jus sayin, there might not be nuffin wrong with us, the confident ppl might be the once who r mentaly unstable. who knows?

kezada

FaymeLevy

lol that's what my mother always says..she says that I am not mentally ill...I am normal and I have problems. It's the people "without" problems that are sick. ;)

Im not crazy. It's everyone else. ;)

Kezada

exacty, not sayin its tru tho, but it possible lol. i sit there 4 days finkin bout that

im still 30% crazy tho

kezada

why_do_I_try

they say its our flaws that make us human...so are we more human :? lol...maybe the others are actually aliens and that saying is a clue...probably not but it would be great if suddenly everyone became like us for an hour or two, maybe they would understand more.

Kezada

ye innit, i always say that 2 people 'i wish u cud spent 1 day or even a couple of hours in ma shoes, and then u hav permission 2 judge me'

lol prrropa random

Kezada

Kezada

good point, but then there wud be no actors or music people or tv, cuz every1 wud be 2 camera shy or watever. i get u tho

Kezada

blubs

Thats my point thoughtless
you want society to change to suit you.
The worlds full of great people...it isn't 'us' and 'them'.
Social phobia is a problem that affects different people...it isn't a type of person.

blubs

blubs said:
If everyone had social phobia then nothing would get done.

This was just a throw away comment
but it does sound a bit harsh.........

But I suppose I found the subject of this thread a bit insulting. I joined the site because I wanted to contact other people with similar experiences, so that I wouldn't feel so isolated.
I have been in touch with some lovely people...the fact that I am in touch with them is despite our social phobia, not because of it in a way...because using the internet takes away the social contact that makes us so anxious. If I had walked into a room with the same people I would probably never have spoken to any one.
But what I like about the people I've been in contact with isn't them being socially phobic, its their personalities behind that.
Just like the people I love in my own life who aren't socially phobic I love because of their characters.
I don't want to 'celebrate' a disorder that seperates me in any way from other people.
I feel like I'm missing out enough as it is.

Anyway, I'm sorry if this comment upset anyone
blubs
x

black_mamba

blubs said:
But what I like about the people I've been in contact with isn't them being socially phobic, its their personalities behind that.

Yeah I think a lot of the posts here show that you expect everyone with social phobia to be fairly similar in lifestyle and personality. Its simply not true, there are SP actors out there (some even on this forum) and SP sufferers who get out there and achieve things despite how much it scares them shitless.

Like taws said, imagine your day and apply it to everyone - thats a fantasy, in real life everyone's different, mental disorders aside. 6 billion people all sitting in their bedrooms eating take away pizza and playing EverQuest isn't gonna happen (but it does sound kinda nice... :) )

So for me, nice fantasy, but 'd rather stick to this world. :eek:

sensitive

FaymeLevy said:
lol that's what my mother always says..she says that I am not mentally ill...I am normal and I have problems. It's the people "without" problems that are sick. ;)

Im not crazy. It's everyone else. ;)

:) well my mom says i am not ill too. she says you are my son and i know you very well, you are fine :? . she also says stop reading those information on the Internet, they are false, you are ruining your mind :? .