what is going on?

deadboy

im new to this site so bare with me. lately ive been really tired, dizzy, and weak feeling, its been like this for the past month or so. i went to the hospital and got bloodwork done and everything came back normal. i actually rode to the hospital in an ambulance because i thought i was having a heart attack. ive been experiencing panic attacks for a few years now, i am 19 presently. i recently went to a doctor and he checked me out, i had a low grade fever (100.4) and my blood pressure was up pretty high (128 over 96) i was really worried he was gonna tell me im dying, but he said it was just anxiety. the past month has been horrible, im scared to drive, work, do anything strenuous, be alone, everything mostly. it seems like the past few years that the panic attacks and these weird feelings i get happen mostly during the winter and when spring and summer rolls aroung im fine, but not this year i guess. i constantly check my pulse to make sure my heart is beating normally and i am so worried that im dying its not even funny. the past week ive been thinking i have a brain tumor. i pay attention to every little ache and pain and when i feel it i assume something is terribly wrong. i feel like im the only one that goes thru this garbage. does anyone else feel this way or something like it?

deadboy

yeah thats what ive been told, im on lexapro 10mg. i was on effexor but that was altering my vision. im just getting so fed up with all of this

colleague

Hey, deadboy, I can relate with you 100%. Eleven years ago, when I was 14, I went through panic attacks and was the exact same as you - worried about heart attacks, brain tumours, meningitis, cancer, you name it. I eventually got over all this, taking medication and finally taking control of myself.

A month ago my panic attacks came back and I went through the same constant "weird" feelings, depersonalization, full blown attacks, everything. I'm now taking 75mg of Effexor daily which has helped out tremendously; however, I have been feeling for the past four days like I am not me. When I talk it's like it's not me talking, although I know that I actually am... it's hard to explain and I really want it to go away.

I have found that my most difficult time is not winter, but spring and tend to get anxiety around 7:00 in the evening when the sun is going down.

Like yourself, I used to constantly check my pulse to make sure my heart was beating normally too. I asked my sister about this the other day and she said the exact same thing too. Why do we do this!? Lately I've been thinking about a brain tumour or an aneurysm because I have this reoccuring burning/pain sensation on the right side of my head only, plus because of the weird "I'm not me" feeling.

Do NOT feel like you are the only one feeling like this or going through what you're going through because you're not! Feel free to contact me if you want to chat.