what is intelligence

tommydog

----

yer i know dude take it easy.

all i meant was, for instance, not everyone can be good at say armwrestling, that dosnt mean there "missing" anything. Im not good at bieng a deep thinker cause it screws me around, that dosnt mean im "missing" anything either.

tommydog

lots of people on this comm can use multisyllabicwords and formulate clever long winded arguements but seriously....wouldnt they rather be out with their girlfriend? i know what id rather be doing..

:lol: yerp thats were im coming from you got it :wink:

wistful_dementia

Look there is nothing wrong with analyzing as long as you learn how to do it correctly. And there is nothing wrong with 'multisyllabic' words if they are more efficient in decribing an idea. The point is not that we should obsess, but we should be more thoughtful. It is ashame that being thoughtful intimidates some people, but it would make the world a much better place. Now, if thinking 'messes' with your head then maybe the problem isn't really being analytical but maybe the prob is not being emotionally mature enough to deal with new knowledge. That is your problem and shouldn't be use as an excuse to make the world a less ignorant place.

So if you do have an emotional issue that is trigger by being thoughtful or wise, then don't try it, but at least try to control yourself by not hurting other people who maybe different from yourself, and try not to intimidate and discouraging other people from learning. Mutual respect is important. And so is going out and having fun.

By the way, as I have to apparently keep repeating, I use multi-syllabic words not to intimidate, but out of habit... it is sometimes more efficient and better describes a thought... but out of respect for the defensive I have been trying to cut back.