what is this??

dnc9119

This morning I woke up feeling extremely nervous,puzzled,and freaked out.I don't know why,I had a dream,but it wasn't a bad dream or anything..I'm still kind of feeling like this but it has worn down..Could this be some type of panic attack?what is this?

sleeper

These are the common symptoms, although not everyone experiences all of them. I get the rapid heart beat, sweating, shortness of breath, chest discomfort, dizziness, fear of losing control, need to urinate more often, disturbing thoughts.

Common symptoms:
Rapid heart beat, pounding heart or palpitations
Sweating
Shaking visibly or inside
Choking sensations or lump in throat (Globus Hystericus)
Smothering or shortness of breath sensations
Chest pain or discomfort
Nausea, bloating, indigestion or abdominal discomfort
Dizziness or unsteadiness
Feeling light-headed
Derealization (feeling unreal or dreamy)
Depersonalization (feeling outside yourself or like you don't exist)
Fear of losing control or going crazy
Paresthesias (numbness or tingling sensations) in face, extremities or body
Chills or hot flushes
Skin losing color
Blushing or skin blotches
Urgently needing to urinate or defecate
Inappropriate/Disturbed thoughts
Muscle pain, especially in neck or shoulders

Brian

reslo

it could be a lot of things.... maybe there wre some parts of the dream that you don't remember- for me i kind of feel like that when i wake up because i don't want to have to deal with the reality of waking up :/ but it could also be a physical reaction- like maybe the room was too hot, or too much caffeine or if your blankets felt restricting that could cause someone to feel panicky-- or a combination of things but idunno- it would make think that maybe there's changes going on in your life or that you were worried about something that you kind of didn't want to face?
i think anyyime you feel panicky, its important to look objectively at what you've done recently- what you ate, what you did, the kinds of things you were thinking about that day, what your environment was like and to see if any of those things may have been a contributing factor.
or it could be like my mom, where an abscence of things to worry about causes worry in her- because she feels like if she's not worried about something, than she's missing something.
hopefully things will subside, it's not an eay way to start the day~

xMonkeyx

i have woken up very panicky before, sometimes it can be medication- if you just started taking antidepressants or something...or maybe you are stressed about an event?i find i wake up like this if i am anxious about something coming up, i hardly sleep and wake up very edgy with a racing heart and like i cant lay still. dont let it worry you even more though :)