What is up with this?

Anonymous

Does this happen to anybody else or is it just me? Certain people I can be loud and obnoxious with and have basically no SA at all and then there are other people that I'm very quiet around and stuff.

it boggles my mind how my personality can change so much depending on the people I am around

nerdgirl178

I am like that. I know I have SA, but one in a blue moon my personlaity can change and be pretty social. With new people I am never like that. But only with people I know I can be like that. Who knows why I get liekt hat! Multiple personality disorder?

Anonymous

no, multiple personality is not the reason. That is an entirely different ball game altogether. With MPD you take on different names and you have no idea you "switched" personalities.

I dunno I just think my personality is messed up lol. Like around certain people I can be very outgoing even when meeting new people at parties, when i'm there with certain people I'll be outgoing and "interesting" etc. Then with other people I will be quiet and stuff it's really wierd

GettingThere

why? said:
Does this happen to anybody else or is it just me? Certain people I can be loud and obnoxious with and have basically no SA at all and then there are other people that I'm very quiet around and stuff.

it boggles my mind how my personality can change so much depending on the people I am around

Some people make a person feel at ease. Its like you know that they will not judge you in any way. I think that maybe its the level of kindness in them. Its a different story with other people. Some have a confrontational personality and are an SAer's worst nightmare. Others are loud and obnoxious, same deal. Then again there are those who hold a level of authority. Generally SAer's have more problems with these people too.

Anonymous

yes, i also have exactly this - around certain people, i'm almost completely relaxed, am able to converse and joke, lots of laughs, etc, and so long as I'm with them, i guess I feel socially protected - people even describe me as a very jolly person

but when they're not around, i feel the complete opposite, vulnerable, nobody to turn to or hide behind if the situation gets awkward, a trembling nervous wreck, the complete opposite end of the spectrum

i guess it means i have to work on my mentality so that I don't rely so much on my friends to make me feel confident around other people

on the bright side, i guess it shows that i'm not a complete social disaster because at least some people seem to accept me as their friend