what is?

Yossarian

Sindy was a doll. I don't know how global she was but there was a time in Britain when she was Barbie's main rival.

Hope that helps. Hope that was what you were referring to.

It was also a nickname for me whenI was young. Or at least it was if they wanted to get smacked in the face.

Anonymous

It's also the day after Siturday, just in case Yoss's dolls, of which he seems to have an intimate knowledge, is not what you were referring to.

Anonymous

Anonymous said:
It's also the day after Siturday, just in case Yoss's dolls, of which he seems to have an intimate knowledge, is not what you were referring to.

No, Yoss has cleared it up very well. But, I am just wondering are all Sindy Doll's smarter than all Barbie's. I mean what if there was a rare gem of a Barbie who decided to give up the fake baps (?) and turn over a new leaf becoming a much less shallow doll?

I dunno, but onto other topics... did you know that they are going to come up with a movie about Joy Division's Ian Curtis :wink: Tis true, I hear it will be called Control. Geeze, who am I kidding you probably already knew that.

Yossarian

Siturday .. hehehe good one :lol: .......HEY! :oops: Well you know what they say about us shy types and our fetish/perversions..... actually Sind is the beginning of my surname so it was hard not to be aware of them. Actually wasn't that bad. At least my surname wasn't Hunt or something.

Yeah I've heard about this film. I think it's to be based on the biography from his wife which if I remember right is called Touching from a Distance. As I've said elsewhere it's one of my favourite lyrics. I don't really know what I feel about the film as I'm not really a fan of biographies. I love his lyrics but thats all I care about really, the music.

I kind of feel sorry for the rest of the band as his suicide has rather over shadowed what the band actually did. That is Joy Division not New Order. Although his lyrics are special (to me and many others) they were more than just Ian Curtis. As New Order have proved.

Nah who am I kidding. I'll watch it. If only to watch his notorious on stage performances. Might be a bit depressing (this was the band who named themselves after the prostitution sections in Nazi concentration camps) but as I was writing this the more I want to see it lol.

Did you see 24 hour party people? I haven't but apparently it's about Factory records which was the now legendary label that signed them. I heard the guy who played Ian Curtis in that might get the role in the new film.

Hmm I started off reluctant but now I can't wait lol. Weird how Joy Division is what I listen to if I feel down and New Orders last album Get Ready is for when I'm happy :?

Shame I already know how it will end. Did you know Robbie William's Angels beat Love Will Tear Us Apart at the Brits for best single in the last 25 years? Guess it's all anchovies and beetroot.

It would appear the biographies are being updated but incase anyone is interested: http://www.worldinmotion.net/joydivision.htm